Fixed Income is a strategic priority for Schwab and Advisor Services – the Sr. Manager of Income Solutions Advisor Services provides an exciting opportunity to be a driver in continuing the growth, innovation and partnerships of this effort. Fixed Income team plays a meaningful role in driving asset growth for both our Advisor and Retail channels. The Income Solutions Advisor Services team supports independent Registered Investment Advisor firms that custody and trade their client assets at Schwab. We partner with Fixed Income Trading, Advisor Services Sales and the Advisor Custody & Trading organization to champion advisors’ fixed income needs, growth and success.
A Sr. Team Manager of the Income Solutions Advisors Services team provides an exciting opportunity to be a driver of growth, leadership, and innovation. Our advisor bond specialists work regionally with our independent advisory firms, providing guidance and support of their fixed income needs. Typical client interactions range from basic information and trade execution to highly complex portfolio analysis and construction along with overview of income solutions at Schwab. As a leader of this team you will partner closely with our sales, service and trading teams to promote our brand and offering. You will be a leader with focus on the recruitment, retention, and development of our people, displaying leadership courage, and collaborating to drive better results.
What you are good at:
- Creating and cultivating an outstanding environment of teamwork, integrity, open communication, transparency, and client loyalty.
- Building and developing a hard-working and diverse team, demonstrating complementary skills and abilities, engaging in talent networks and encouraging acquisitions of new talent for your organization.
- Developing team members through coaching, career planning, and mentoring. A strong mentor background is highly desired.
- Challenging employees to do their best work and stay engaged and motivated within their role.
- Mentoring to specific role expectations and holding team members accountable for high quality work.
- Working directly with business partners to identify business development opportunities, platform enhancements, and continuously improving the client experience.
- Leading business development focus for the department, focusing on collaboration with partner groups and coaching team members on business development process and income solutions at Schwab.
What you have:
- Minimum 3+ years in leadership within the financial services industry.
- Active FINRA Series 7, 63 (or 66), and 9/10 required.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills with demonstrated success leading employee development.
- Strong coordination, relationship, teamwork, and partnership skills with ability to evaluate opportunities and challenges from clients’ perspective. Strong ability to influence other leaders and business partners.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity and experience with Bloomberg and Salesforce.
- Familiarity with fixed income markets as well as fixed income products including various sectors of the bond market, Mutual Funds, ETFs and Schwab’s Advised Solutions Platform.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Industry certifications (CFA, CFP, CIMA) preferred.