- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
Treasury Technology is looking for an experienced technical program manager to join the team. You will join the organization at a critical juncture as we embark on an initiative to transform Amazon’s treasury technology. You will work cross-functionally to deliver against a multi-year roadmap to implement a new treasury workstation, including delivery of new functionality and automation to Treasury Tech’s customers; Treasury, FinOps, Finance, Accounting & Tax. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technical program manager to play an integral role in enhancing the company’s efficiency and operating decisions, and become a key member of the Treasury organization.
This role will help Treasury automate existing manual processes across Treasury functions to reduce reliance on spreadsheets and increase its automated management reporting footprint. You will partner with business specialists to define the future of Amazon’s Treasury Management Systems (Quantum & Trax) and help leverage technology to build new capabilities in the areas of in house banking, management reporting, risk management (e.g. workers compensation, insurance), multi-lateral netting, cash forecasting, and POBO/ROBO.
- Lead both internal and external teams to deliver on key initiatives. This includes evaluating and recommending technical solutions to meet customer requirements, ensure long term scalability, and meet project timelines.
- Lead the design for integrating treasury management systems with internal and external systems and services.
- Evaluate opportunities for automation across Treasury’s management reporting landscape. In-scope functional areas include: Compliance, Market Indicators, FX, Investments (e.g. Counterparty Risk), and Liquidity (e.g. Cash Forecasting). Drive automation in reporting through self-service business intelligence tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, or AWS Quicksight.
- Evaluate technology and process enhancement opportunities that reduce Amazon’s bank fees and transaction costs, increase usage of POBO/ROBO, and provide a greater ability for cash pooling, multi-lateral netting and capital investments.
- Understand the current state landscape of Amazon’s Treasury systems and processes. Manage internal stakeholder relationships to build out customer requirements. Develop a systems gap analysis between current state and customer requirements. Develop system and process roadmaps with specific timelines, action plans and ownership.
- Develop and build a case for roadmap of prioritized projects and begin implementation. Build and operationalize project development, review and reporting mechanisms to communicate progress, adjust approach as necessary to meet deadlines and deliverables. Resource projects appropriately with appropriate representation from across the business – this should include strategic use of third-party agreements and existing technology teams.
- Create operating mechanisms to drive timely, accurate and comprehensive project execution. Eliminate obstacles, and drive issue resolution to ensure deliverables are met. Provide accountability for the evaluation and define a process for change management (scope, schedule, cost, etc.).
- Provide leadership to cross functional teams by defining clear, achievable goals, clear barriers to program team’s success and facilitate rapid decision making
- Have a strong track record of shaping strategy for internal and 3P technical products and services and applications
- Lead the coordination of release schedules
- Manage multiple complex and large programs simultaneously from initiation through delivery
- Drives day to day project team activities to meet project milestones
- Use strong program management, organizational and leadership skills to facilitate effective, collaborative project meetings
- Collect, analyze, integrate and maintain key cross functional deliverables (e.g. project plans, change management plans, migration schedules, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science and/or Business
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Experience delivering ERP integrations/ other automation solutions for Finance customers (preferably Treasury)
- Hands-on leader with a proven track record of transforming financial processes
- Strong understanding of financial systems and processes
- Strong verbal and written communication/presentation skills: comfortable interacting and communicating with executive and senior management levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to develop strong, cross-functional relationships
- Possess a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Exceptional knowledge of Project/Program Management principles and processes
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, object oriented development, build processes, change control management and release models
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.