Shareworks by Morgan Stanley – Manager, Shareworks Compensation
POSTING DATE: Nov 9, 2020
PRIMARY LOCATION: Americas-United States of America-California-San Francisco
JOB: Wealth Management
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
JOB LEVEL: Vice President
Manager, Shareworks Compensation
Has your paper napkin business plan turned into a billion-dollar reality? Ours has and that sketch on a napkin is now our world-class software platform that combines cutting-edge technology with outstanding client service and premier wealth management capabilities. Shareworks by Morgan Stanley is designed to simplify the complexities of equity management, while helping employees realize the full potential of their benefits.
Our employees have helped us get to where we are today; and as we continue to scale towards being the incomparable leader in our industry, we are looking for a Manager, Shareworks Compensation to help write the next chapter with us. Our compensation team supports the industry leading private market data set and largest survey for venture capital backed companies.
Located in San Francisco and working with a small but fierce team, the ideal candidate will have a strong compensation and equity background and previous experience with a service provider or in a company as a senior HR leader. You should understand Human Capital trends and concepts such as employee levels, job descriptions, and discrete corporate functions. You should be committed to owning the highest quality dataset the industry has to offer. Your ability to engage with venture capital firms and their portfolio companies on compensation best practices will lead to your success.
- Develop key relationships with strategic partners (e.g. VCs, data providers, consultants, etc.) in order to deliver long-term value across our ecosystem
- Provide world-class customer service, solutions and support to HR professionals in high-growth startups and Talent Partners at venture capital firms
- Complete product demos to facilitate new business and account expansion opportunities
- Identify potential product opportunities that generate insights and value into private company compensation
- Partner with product and engineering to expand and improve existing offerings
- Deep understanding of the venture industry and key trends in compensation to inform strategy
- Manage billing, invoicing and account escalation matters
- Take a leadership role in compensation data management by monitoring data input, assuring quality, and working alongside companies of all stages to submit accurate compensation and other corporate-level data
- Audit current processes and identify areas of improvement geared toward increased efficiency and higher data input quality
- Engage with leaders across the business with the goal of providing additional value to clients through the broader Shareworks product suite
- Work cross-functionally in executing marketing campaigns and customer communications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Statistics
- 7+ years experience in Talent, Human Resources, Compensation, or Human Capital Management
- Experience working in the compensation industry for private companies and a strong understanding of the venture eco-system
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functionally
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with an ability to interface with senior leadership, both internally and externally
- Experience working with partners, channels, and integrators to build strategic programs that drive awareness, demand and sales
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and experience working with large data sets
While we thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Shareworks by Morgan Stanley, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.