- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with ElectroMagnetic field and transmission line theory.
- Experience in signal and power integrity simulation of system boards, including chipset, DDR memory, and other high-speed communication interfaces (USB2/3, MIPI, PCIE, eDP).
- Experience with the product development process for mass volume production design, with a focus on signal integrity, power integrity and EMI.
- Experience with EDA tools such as Allegro and ConceptHDL.
- Experience with LPDDR3&4 spec, USB Type-C spec, MIPI spec.
- Experience with industry SI simulation and lab tools such as Ansis HFSS, SIwave, Designer, Cadence Sigrity tools, ADS, Hspice, TDR, VNA, probe station, real-time scope, etc
- Industry standard experience, epsecially IBIS standard.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can’t just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we’ve got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google’s services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world’s largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people’s lives better through technology.
- Participate in all stages of product development.
- Own Signal Integrity (SI) and Power Integrity (PI) of product and its sub-component development.
- Provide detailed SI and PI rules for PCB (Printed Circuit Board) and Flex technology.
- Drive resolution of SI issues with design engineer, PCB designer and system team.
- Work with engineering/qualification teams on system bring up and design validation.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.