- 3+ years of growing responsibilities in and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Experience leading multiple direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in , environmental, ergonomics or a related field required, or 2+ years Amazon work experience
- Must be flexible regarding shifts.
The Site WHS Manager will be responsible for partnering with a site operations team in a Fulfillment Center to execute company policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, you will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates. A successful Site WHS manager will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and data analysis.
The Site WHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train Operations Leaders in Amazon policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating our standards at their site. You will work to identify best practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the landscape. The Site WHS Manager will possess excellent program knowledge as well as environmental and ergonomic knowledge and be able demonstrate this expertise when working with Operations.
The Site WHS Manager will lead a team of hourly team members: WHS Specialist, Coordinators, Onsite first aid Associates. You will create and execute leadership development plans for your Associates on the team. They will communicate team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to their teams and ensure they are executing the core competencies of an Amazon professional.
Site WHS Manager Responsibilities:
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon Policies.
- Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
- Analyze metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the risk is highest.
- Perform frequent site audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
- Audit record-keeping practices and Global Database (Gensuite) entries to be aligned with global standards and local regulations.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Lead and mentor Associates in your assigned facility.
- Spend time at the fulfillment centers and seek input from teams, Associates and leaders on program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
- Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required training.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
- Distribution Center or Manufacturing experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
- Certified Professional preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with site leaders.
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics.
- Ability to manage multiple sites/remotely.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.