The Banking Technology organization provides strategy and technology partnership to Schwab Bank, the 14th largest bank in the U.S. Our strategy and technology partnership ensures the delivery of a best in class set of applications selected and designed to support key banking products and services for our clients. The application portfolio is a combination of SaaS and in-house developed applications. This position will be responsible for delivering high quality solutions that meet business objectives in a flexible, collaborative and rapidly changing delivery environment. It requires highly motivated and focused developers curious to build new and innovative solutions for our Clients.
What you are good at:
- Design and develop applications using AngularJS, Java, Spring and SpringBoot.
- Ensure the highest quality software is developed, delivered and maintained.
- Drive continuous integration and deployment strategies leveraging tools such as Bamboo with a DevOps centered process.
- Seek out and evangelize new and emerging technologies including open source tools.
- Influence and implement improvements and efficiencies in the technical aspects of the development process.
- Be a key leader in the agile process fostering collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and transparency.
- Be a mentor and positive role model to junior members of the team.
What you have:
- 3 – 5 years of experience with the following: Java, Spring framework, cloud development, and Web Services (REST, SOAP) supporting high volume transactions in a Highly Available environment
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in enterprise web application development with Angular JS
- Experience with developing and deploying Cloud ready applications.
- Experience with non-blocking I/O frameworks (Reactive programming).
- Knowledge and experience in web service design and implementation
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and DevOps principles
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies, values and procedures
- Curiosity to understand and leverage new tools and technologies
- Strong desire to leverage technology to build products that “wow” users
- Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Experience in Financial Services industry is a plus
- BS/MS in computer science