Schwab is recruiting to hire a driven, results-oriented Software Engineer who shares our passion for technology, innovation, and excellence. Our main goal at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. This Sr Staff engineer role will be a hands-on developer that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, environment and is passionate about developing high quality software in order to solve complex, time-critical problems.
You will be part of the Test Data Technologies team and will help design, develop and support the Test Data Management platform. The candidate will work with a team of engineers whose main objective is to maintain a portion of our enterprise test data provisioning platform and ensure the on-time, quality delivery of software products.
What you are good at:
- Analyze enterprise application data sources in order to configure firm wide application test data for high priority firm business commitments.
- Design and deploy enterprise applications with COBOL, JCL, and other related mainframe technologies.
- Work closely with internal and external team members to decompose requirements, design software, and prioritize tasks.
- Actively participate in team meetings to ensure team deliverables are met.
- Provide hands-on development and mentoring as necessary for other members of the development team.
- Create artifacts for projects such as technical specifications and metrics reports.
- Identify technology risks early and establish mitigation plans.
What you have:
- An expert level understanding of relational data concepts and best data practices.
- 5+ years’ experience in DB2 databases
- 5 years’ experience in COBOL development
- 5 years’ experience in JCL configuration and execution
- 3+ years’ experience with mainframe related technologies (Startool, BMC, Xpeditor, etc.)
- Ability to work well under stress, self-prioritize tasks, and deliver on critical deadlines.
- BS/BA/MS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- Experience with .NET/C# development
- Experience with cloud concepts (cloud deployments, micro service infrastructure, cloud config, etc.)
- Experience with additional relational databases (Sql Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Understanding of Agile software development methodologies, concepts, and procedures.
- Understanding large dataset manipulation and movement techniques and challenges