- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 3+ years of building, retaining, and managing high performing diverse and inclusive teams
- 3+ years experience growing and mentoring software engineers
- Familiarity with modern programming languages (i.e. C/C++, Java, Python, C/C++, Objective C)
Software Development Engineer: Elastic Block Store Data Services (AWS)
Come and build the future with us as we change the way customers move and transform their EBS data at never before seen scale.
EBS customers frequently need to move or transform their underlying data whether its accelerating volume creation from snapshots using Fast Snapshot Restore, increasing their database storage or changing their volume type through Elastic volumes, or encrypting their volumes using AWS managed keys. Our team creates solutions that enable and simplify EBS customer workflows.
Building a High-Performing & Inclusive Team Culture
You should be passionate about attracting & developing a world-class team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results. Driving results is your primary responsibility, and doing so in a way that builds on our inclusive culture is key to our long term success.
EBS Data Services values work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Boston office, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. Some of the team come in earlier and the rest of us stay later. We are builder-operators of our services at AWS and have a modest on-call rotation where you’ll participate once every 2 months.
Energizing and Interesting Technical Problems
You will be working on enabling your team to build and operate large scale systems that move and transform customer volume data and accelerate access to their data. You’ll be working to provide solutions to both internal and external customers and engage deeply with other teams within EBS, S3, EC2, and many other services. It’s humbling and energizing to provide data movement solutions to customers at AWS scale.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We’re committed to the growth and development of every member of EBS Data Services, and that includes our engineers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire EBS org and deliver initiatives that will improve the life of all of our teams.
EBS Data Services is a growth environment – we’re hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our customers. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will have get to hire & develop other leaders along the way.
- Understanding of operating system fundamentals (Linux or Windows)
- Experience with AWS services