What do a great Senior Application Analyst (COBOL) do?
As a Senior Application Analyst you have extensive experience in mainframe systems. You will be working in our Payment Transaction Settlement (PTS) application platform, providing system and application support and end-to-end application delivery. Responding to system and application issues, leading hardware and software upgrades, disaster recovery procedures, system audits, and implementing client programming projects.
This is a customer focused Senior position with an emphasis on analyzing business requirements, creating functional technical designs, and code development utilizing IDMS, DB2, VSAM and COBOL in a batch environment.
You are responsible for:
- Developing program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Performance tuning and testing of mainframe code, troubleshooting performance problems, preparing code for deployment and finishing all vital Waterfall SDLC documentation.
- Writing code, programs, tests, and analyzes new application software.
- Working on online and batch applications that support credit & debit card processing.
Writing and modifies COBOL programs to process data to fund and bill merchants & clear to associations.
- Unit testing program changes using IDMS, DB2, JCL, PROCs and test VSAM and flat files.
- Providing recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- Developing customized solutions within the platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements, and company goals.
- Interacting with Product Managers, Project Managers, GIO (Global Infrastructure Operations) resources and Client/Partner IT resources to collaborate on projects.
- Consulting with users, to determine software or system functional specifications.
- Creating high level and detailed design documents that support credit & debit card processing projects.
- Presenting design documents via TEAMS meeting to the business for sign off.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of experience in applicable field OR Advanced Degree in applicable field with 6 years of relevant experience.
- 8 years of mainframe experience in IBM JCL, CA7, JCL, and utilities, COBOL, REXX, EasyTrieve, VSAM, IDMS, Endevor, File Master, Dispatch, View, UniTech and Remedy utilities.
- Experience with MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and Diner’s International merchant acquiring; settlement balancing and error processing.
- Experience with the Waterfall Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Advanced Degree and/or Technology Certifications.
- Experience in merchant acquiring system and credit & debit card international processing & integration services.
- Experience in settlement, interchange, and authorization targets for application modifications.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
The Global Business Solutions Lending team at Fiserv provides the innovative financing solutions businesses need to fund growth and drive economic vitality in communities around the country. Our solutions help thousands of businesses of all sizes quickly adapt to changing market needs from accelerating ecommerce sales and reimagining the retail experience to purchasing inventory, securing equipment and creating jobs.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.