RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Drive the architectural design and technical execution of the engineering needs of the Accelerate businesses
- Manage any necessary development team
- Consult with GS Accelerate core team and sponsors to position Accelerate businesses for success
- Innovate with new technologies and existing strategic platforms to deliver quality products
- Deliver tactical solutions while focusing on strategic structure and viability
- Meaningful programming experience in, but not limited to, any one of the following – Java, Python, C++, or Scala
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders, and working as part of a global team
- Proven communication and interpersonal ability
- Must be comfortable working independently and taking full ownership of the back-end build during MVP stage of a new product
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change in a fast paced environment
- Experience building client- and consumer-facing products is a plus
- Knowledge of existing strategic firmwide platforms is a plus
Why GS Accelerate
- Unparalleled responsibility and career opportunity to make a highly visible global impact
- You will be part of a large community of like-minded technologists in a flat organization with a culture that promotes collaboration, “can do” mindsets and teamwork
- Responsibility for requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of funding systems
- Forge strong relationships with our clients across all of our businesses, as well as other technology teams to develop and enhance our systems and processes
- Develop solutions that directly impact the bottom line by enabling new investment opportunities for our business partners
- Opportunity to work on unprecedented projects both at Goldman Sachs & more broadly in the financial services industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS:
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Assemble the complete stack required to build a modern web app using MongoDB, Express, React, and Node. This book also covers many other complementary tools: React Router, GraphQL, React-Bootstrap, Babel, and Webpack. This new edition will use the latest version of React (React 16) and the latest React Router (React Router 4), which has a significantly different approach to routing compared to React Router 2 which was used in the first edition of the book.
Though the primary focus of Pro MERN Stack is to equip you with all that is required to build a full-fledged web application, a large portion of the book will be devoted to React 16. The popular MEAN (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, Node) stack introduced Single Page Apps (SPAs) and front-end Model-View-Controller (MVC) as new and efficient paradigms.
The Full Stack Developer: Your Essential Guide to the Everyday Skills Expected of a Modern Full Stack Web Developer
Understand the technical foundations, as well as the non-programming skills needed to be a successful full stack web developer. This book reveals the reasons why a truly successful full stack developer does more than write code.
You will learn the principles of the topics needed to help a developer new to agile or full stack working—UX, project management, QA, product management, and more— all from the point of view of a developer. Covering these skills alongside the fundamentals and foundations of modern web development, rather than specifics of current technologies and frameworks (which can age quickly), all programming examples are given in the context of the web as it is in 2018.
Although you need to feel comfortable working on code at the system, database, API, middleware or user interface level, depending on the task in hand, you also need to be able to deal with the big picture and the little details. The Full Stack Developer recognizes skills beyond the technical, and gives foundational knowledge of the wide set of skills needed in a modern software development team.
Hands-On Full Stack Web Development with Angular 6 and Laravel 5: Become fluent in both frontend and backend web development with Docker, Angular and Laravel
Build modern, fast, and progressive web applications using modern features of PHP 7 and TypeScript
Explore the latest features of Angular and Laravel to build applications that are powerful, consistent, and maintainable
Develop modern user interfaces with a reusable component-based architecture using Angular 6 and Bootstrap 4
Learn how to build secure backend APIs with Laravel
Website security made easy. This book covers the most common ways websites get hacked and how web developers can defend themselves.
Every website today is vulnerable to attack and a compromised website can ruin a company’s reputation. Web Security for Developers covers everything a web developer needs to know about web security. Readers will learn who attackers are and what they have at their disposal, how the Internet and websites operate, and various ways websites get attacked. Author Malcolm McDonald explores common attacks like SQL injection and cross-site scripting, as well as common vulnerabilities like information leakage. The first half of the book describes security concepts every developer should know while the second half delves into the individual vulnerabilities themselves, offering real-world examples and code samples.