The Financial Services team designs and builds payment and internal operation experiences across Tesla to improve the financial products and systems.
We are seeking a Front-End Software Engineer to join our growing team and help deliver experiences to improve growth. You will be challenged to build applications quickly but thoughtfully, balancing speed to market with longevity and scalability, all in the name of an extraordinary customer experience.
- Build awesome web experiences using React.js
- Plan and accommodate all mediums, screen sizes and device types
- Build in flexibility and customization from the start
- Adapt to changing business conditions and priorities
- Partner with product managers, designers, QA engineers and release engineers as your application moves from development to production
Nice to Have
- For this position, we are considering candidates at all levels of experience building web and/or mobile experiences or who possess other evidence of exceptional ability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience or other evidence of exceptional ability
- Solid communication skills
- Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies such as HTML, CSS, REST, and JSON.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Unit Testing with Jest/Enzyme
- Experience with state management libraries such as Redux and React Context
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, TypeScript, Rollup, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience with Docker
- Experience working with and designing RESTful APIs
- Experience with Node.js and Express
- Excellent mastery of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- Strong CSS skills w/ experience building responsive applications across a variety of browsers and devices using modern CSS3 techniques
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them
- Expert knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems