Careers that Change Lives
Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions – we’re a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to part of technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
A Day in the Life
- Designing, developing, testing and documenting O-arm software components and applications.
- Working on requirement flow for O-arm releases.
- Supporting labs and surgical evaluations of products
- Following Medtronic Navigation product development standards and practices.
Must Have Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or other related engineering field of study and 2+ years experience or an Advanced degree. Programming experience in C#, and/or C/C++.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio development platforms/tools
- Understanding of scripting languages such TCL, Python, Shell scripting; having already taken a JAVA course would be a plus
- Experience in CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCV, VTK or ITK.
- Imaging development on GPU’s.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
Other jobs you may like
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our location in Westford, MA, currently has an opportunity for a Software Engineer II. Contribute to the design and development of software across one or more domains: mobile, web, desktop, and embedded under a disciplined product development process that meets Abbott quality and appropriate regulatory agency requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work on software design, coding, and validating software, supporting verification and validation testing, and ensuring that all product development conforms to design specifications and coding standards for medical devices.
- Exercise judgment in coding following the software designs and conducting investigation activities following defined methods.
- Design and implement software in current programming languages (e.g. Swift, Java, Objective-C, C#, C, C++).
- Assist in the preparation of software design requirements and detailed design specifications for implementation of software designs per Abbott design development process.
- Assist in the evaluation of selected designs through testing and full documentation of the results.
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Science, Technology,
- Engineering, or Mathematics) or relevant software certification (e.g. Udacity Nanodegree).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software development (combination of programming-heavy coursework, school projects, freelance work and professional experience).
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.