What you’ll do…
Want to work with the team that is the main secured communication / integration layer for all business conducted with Walmart around the world? EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) is a team that is making a major impact globally through data integration between Walmart and external partners of every kind. The EDI team’s suite of applications, provides one the opportunity to maintain, improve and modernize the communication and business transactions for all areas of the business. If you want to work for a great company and are ready to make an impact, then Walmart EDI is the place to be.
Manager’s Ideal Candidate Must-Haves
- Experience with EDI translation, mapping, and business processes using IBM B2B Integrator.
- Experience with WebSphere Transformation Extender (WTX/ ITX)
- Experience with X12, EDIFACT, Tradacom and BMS Standards
- Experience working with SAP IDOC and XML, JSON
- Experience with Managed File Transfer, including AS2, SFTP and FTP
- Knowledge in Unix/Linux/Cloud development in C/C++/Unix/Script/Perl/Python
- SQL Experience with one of the following Database environments: DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, Cassandra, Cosmos
- Experience with various queue platforms – Kafka, JMS
- Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment, highly motivated and creative
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently across different customer areaa
Manager’s Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4 -6 years of EDI and IBM Sterling B2B experience on medium to large scale projects
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
At least one of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, Perl, Powershell, VB Script, Ruby, PHP, Bash, C, C++, C#, or .Net, Design, implementation, and support of solutions in SQL Server, Development experience in SAP (for example ABAP, UI5, Netweaver Gateway (OData), LSMW, Webdynpro, User Exits, BADI, Implicit Enhancements, Explicit Enhancements, BAPI, ABAP Workflow, Reports (Classical, ALV and Interactive), ALE, EDI, IDOC, File, SAP Forms/Layout (Script and Smartforms), Data Dictionary, Module pool programming and OO ABAP Programming), Programming language or languages (for example, Java, C/C++, .NET, Rexx, Cobol, Powershell), Writing SQL queries in a database platform (for example, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server).
Masters: Computer Science