What you’ll get:
The PC Core Technology (PCCT) Team represents a centralized domain responsible for managing holdings, investment performance, and automated re-balancing across the universe of investment portfolios within Schwab. The PCCT Development team is looking for a Staff Backend Software Developer who will excel in a dynamic fast-paced environment. The Staff Developer will work closely with the development team and business analysts to implement new features, enhancements, and fixes for a large and complex portfolio management system. The candidate should have strong object oriented design and programming skills using Windows .NET, C#, MongoDB, Aerospike (or SQL) and experience implementing object oriented solutions for desktop and web based deployment. In Lieu of C#, we will consider applicants with C++ or Java experience. Experience with REST or Soap Services, Web APIs is highly desired, but not required. This role will require strong debugging and troubleshooting skills to provide detailed root cause analysis.
What you are good at:
- Facilitating communication of requirements, scoping and design decisions between team members, architects and product owners.
- Working closely with architects and business partners to define Agile stories for new capabilities.
- Participating in product roadmap discussion and long term planning for your team.
- Developing tools and practices that will increase the efficiency of your team.
- Leading design and implementation of new stories and bug fixes.
- Performing thorough design reviews and code reviews.
- Hands on coding, unit testing and production issue problem solving.
- Mentoring junior staff on the team.
- Being the main point of contact and authorities on your product domain.
What you have:
- 4+ years developing with C#/.Net (will consider C++ or Java), and at least 1 year of experience with Visual Studio
- 2+ years working with REST/SOAP Services
- 1+ year working with large data and experience analyzing and improving efficiency.
- 2+ years of experience designing and coding using object oriented principles
- 2+ years of experience in database principles, such as SQL, Oracle, Mongo DB or Hadoop
- Experience with Agile Development Practices, Scrum
- Strong written and verbal communications, collaboration, and problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners and technology teams
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures quickly
- Experience with unit testing and history of successful interaction with a QA group
- Experience supporting releases for and applications in production
- Desire to mentor peers and junior staff
- Desire to be a technical leader within a scrum environment
- BS or MS in computer science or related technical field
- A yearning to understand and demonstrate new tools and technologies
- A yearning to use technology to build products that “wow” users
- Experience with NoSQL databases (eg. Mongo DB, Aerospike) is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of SOLID principles
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life