Are you a curious person, passionate about Computer Science and Engineering who loves to take on technical challenges? Join us building the future with high-speed Ethernet connectivity solutions in the exciting world of Data-centric computing!
You will be part of a highly diverse, inclusive, hardcore software development team which is expert in delivering impeccable customer experience through software tools for Intel’s data-centric Ethernet networking division. You will be directly responsible for building key components of our variety of software tools offerings that enables unparalleled productivity and capabilities for our global customers. The opportunities to learn new skills and gain valuable industry experience are limitless.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Deliver high-quality features and improvements to key SW components
Actively contribute in all aspects of software development process
Work closely with other team members to execute as “one team” mindset
You must possess minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
The candidate must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
6+ months experience in:
C++ or any other object-oriented programming language such as C#, Java etc. Python or any other scripting language such as shell script, Perl etc.
Data structures and algorithms
Familiarity with automated unit testing, Git version control system, JIRA, scrum/agile software development, continuous integration process
Familiarity with TCP/IP stack, socket programming, systems and Windows/Linux development environment
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Other jobs you may like
Software Engineer Interns at PayPal develop innovative solutions and high-quality products that touch millions of people every day around the globe. Our engineers solve some of the most complex technical problems in the world of connected payments across all business units, including PayPal, Braintree, Venmo, Paydiant and others. We are looking for the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
You’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. We have opportunities in a wide range of areas including development, design, search, platform, test, quality, big data, front end and back end. As a core participant of your team, you’ll estimate engineering efforts, design your changes, implement and test your changes, push to live, and triage production issues. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences, improve existing products, and develop distributed systems powering the world’s largest e-commerce and payments websites at a scale only a few companies can match.
- Code high-volume and scalable software
- Create web applications using React/Node and other technologies
- Create back end services using Java, SQL, ReST
- Build and develop new user facing experiences
- Partner closely with cross functional teams in design, product and other business units
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university
- Strong applied experience. You’ve built, broken, and rebuilt software applications. We’re looking for creative thinkers who also know how to create real-world products
- Familiarity with Node.js applications
- Familiarity with Java, C++ and/or Python
- Understanding around concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs
- A constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
Position Location: Varies
Job_Description_Summary: At PayPal, we’re literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it’s about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate and send money using today’s technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Are you ready to help us change the world? The world’s leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. At PayPal you will be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion and wellness.
Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Other jobs you may like
Microcode summer intern engineers at Ambarella are responsible for the implement and test of advanced CNN based neural networks on our line of proprietary SoCs. As a member of our team, you will be working with industry-recognized scientists and architects to bring our superior video quality to a variety of camera markets including automobile, IP-security and more.
For this position, we are seeking a talented intern with a particular interest in the tools development for a neural networks.
- Develop a deep understanding of Ambarella’s DSP architecture to ensure the efficient use of hardware resources such as CPU cycles and memory during code development.
- Research papers and implement some of the ideas to improve our tools.
- Develop test codes for hardware blocks.
- A Bachelor’s degree in EE, computer engineering, CS or equivalent. Current bachelor’s and or master students in one of these aforementioned disciplines are preferred.
- Solid experiences with C or C++.
- Solid knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl or python
- Understand modern computer architecture including registers, interrupts, threads, on-chip memory and DRAM. Must be able to resolve data synchronization issues with computer architecture.
- Must be comfortable with modern software development methodologies such as code review, unit testing, peer reviews, and more.
- Familiarity with Neural Network frameworks such as TensorFlow, caffe, pytorch etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent analytical, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Excellent cross-functional, cross-site teamwork abilities.
Other jobs you may like
- Open to rising seniors currently enrolled in undergrad pursuing a degree related to internship duties or major below.
- Duration of virtual internship is 12 weeks from May 17th to August 6th 2021.
- Continuous learning and tailored on the job training in technology, product development and/or supply chain management.
- Exposure to senior leadership including but not limited to onboarding, learning and development sessions, and team business case presentations.
- Build an intern community through peer intern groups, mentors, direct intern leaders, senior leadership throughout the summer.
- You could be part of one of six teams next summer:
- As a software engineer intern on the API team in our Sterling VA tech hub, you’ll work hands on with a high performing API Services team focused on building products for millions of customers. Your internship with the API team will be a deep dive into what it takes to make it in the field of integration and API design/implementation today. You will be given the opportunity to help with all areas of the API Design process from interface modelling, prototyping, information architecture, backend system design, integration testing, and product engineering.
- The Collaboration Services team is looking for future software developers to help build complex software applications that support collaboration as Asurion, utilizing the latest technologies from Microsoft and Amazon cloud environments, to name a few. This opportunity seeks to challenge and grow your technical expertise through solution development and mentorship from Asurion senior software engineers.
- The Digital Experience Engineering team is responsible for building the systems that support our Device Protection customer interactions in the digital channels, including web and communications. We focus on providing a great and efficient user experience, helping our customers get back up and running when things have gone wrong.
- Your internship will explore one of the many unique problem areas we have in the fraud space. You will have the opportunity to research a real-world problem then develop and implement a solution, but you won’t go it alone. Experienced Software Engineers will partner with you and provide guidance during your journey.
- The Retail Device Protection team is looking for a strong team player to provide premier support solutions with optimum use of technology; digital applications to protect their privacy and provide security; and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies, retailers and service providers enabling them to focus on their businesses and to provide services that delight their customers.
- The Soluto Software Engineering interns will work hands on in an environment which fosters creativity and problem solving. We are not looking to create yet another web app. We need audacious people who can collaborate with product and interaction designers to realize bold solutions. We don’t just write code. We want to inspire our 300+ million customers to get the most from technology.
- Enthusiasm for problem solving, learning and collaborating with others
- Desire to become either a full-stack software engineer, back-end software engineer, digital experience engineer
- As a member of our team, you will not just observe, but be an active participant in collaboration sessions, design jams, workshops and design sprints as well as daily standups, retrospectives, & team outings.
- Interns will collaborate with our cross functional team composed of Product Managers, UX designers, developers, and quality automation engineers to build features and enhancements for our products.
- As a member of our team, you will not just observe, but be an active participant in collaboration sessions, technical designs, retrospectives, daily standups as well as writing code.
- Document and present solution designs/approaches to supervisors and other members of the team.
- You’ll help us find new ways to make our processes more efficient and consistent. This cuts down on errors and gets stuff done faster.
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible assets that provide clear, usable, useful and desirable outcomes for users.
- Gain comprehension of existing deployment process and engineer automation where possible.
- Research and develop proof of concepts to help solve exiting business and tech problems.