ABOUT THE POSITION
Our Mobile team builds products and features that drive the Agrian Mobile core experience, with an offline first focus and transparent data synchronization without compromising performance. This position will play a key role in building and supporting React Native mobile features. In this role there will be opportunity to work across different development stacks and influence product decisions.
- Build intuitive features to improve the experience for mobile users
- Work to continuously improve the codebase by working on foundational issues and helping to rearchitect, as necessary
- Work with your team to promote best practices and ensure a high quality bar is maintained
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, designers, and product managers to build new features thoughtfully
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or related technical field involving software development (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience building and maintaining React Native phone and tablet applications with large user bases
- Experience working with large code bases with significant complexity
- Experience developing, testing, shipping and supporting a product for tens of thousands of users is a plus
- Experience working in a team environment and collaborating with cross-functional groups
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns, REST and HTTP interaction, and the software development life cycle
- Experience with asynchronous design methodologies
- Experience creating and deploying to Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store, iOS and Android mobile applications
- Solid understanding of UX and HCI
- A passion for building consumer applications with elegant and clean interfaces
When filling out your application, be sure to include a short letter as to why you’re interested in the role.
At Agrian we provide innovative web and mobile technology solutions for the world’s farming, food, and ag retail companies that allow our users to grow their crops more safely, profitably, and sustainably.
If you want to work for an organization that is full of smart, passionate people who are excited about revolutionizing the way digital technology can help transform agriculture, apply now! Headquartered in Clovis, California, we employ over 120 full time team members from regulatory personnel, client support, software development and sales/admin professionals. We offer a competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to climb or balance, and is regularly required to talk or hear or smell.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel can be approximately 25-50%
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employment Type: Full Time
Functional Area: Non-Management