- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience managing software development teams with hands-on involvement in system architecture, design, and performance
- 7+ years of Software development background in object-oriented programming, distributed systems, C++, Linux/UNIX
- Experience delivering machine learning, computer vision, or deep learning concepts
- Experience writing and reviewing detailed architecture specifications
- Experience in software development methodologies, tools and able to deploy best practices
- Experience in software release and deployment process and tools
- Experience in prioritization of deliverables that are critical for silicon development milestones
As a Software Development Manager in Hardware Devices, you will build and lead a team responsible for defining and delivering the software stack and tools that will bring to life a set of hardware accelerators targeted for autonomous navigation applications, and eventually bring new experience for our customers by helping build exciting devices. You will engage with the Silicon, System Architecture, Marketing, Product Planning, and Technology Platform teams to help define software requirements and then execute on the right opportunities to achieve the best customer experience for Amazon Devices. As part of the architecture and silicon teams, you will be working directly with Product and Project Management, Product Design, Software, Reliability, Operations, and executive management teams.
You are a motivational people manager who cares about people and who has led engineering teams in the areas of computer vision and/or machine learning. You thrive on solving problems; have good problem-solving skills and many years of hands-on software development skills. You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, and equally adept at communicating upwards and downwards. You are curious, love to dive deep, collect data to make well informed decisions, but use sound judgement in the face of insufficient data. You follow the latest technologies and motivate your teams to innovate. You have strong leadership qualities, and a track record of delivering great solutions.
In this role you will:
- Lead, hire and develop a world-class software engineering team – including expertise in Machine Leaning (ML), Speech, Computer Vision (CV) and Robotics.
- Deliver world-class software stack that brings new experiences in our devices
- Attend and run cross-functional engineering meetings
- Dive into and take ownership of crucial design/execution issues
- Build design processes to continuously improve performance and quality
- Deliver year on year performance, power, and form factor improvements
- Drive analysis to determine performance targets
- Experience managing engineering teams of 5 or more.
- Direct experience developing machine learning models and algorithms
- Relevant experience developing navigation algorithms for autonomous vehicles (ADAS)
- Experience developing new algorithms for SLAM
- Demonstrated success delivering high quality, innovative products based on rapidly evolving technologies
- Ability to engage and influence senior leaders
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.