Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Then come to Microsoft – Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
As a Global Black Belt (GBB) Specialist, you will be a senior technical solution leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most demanding customers. You will lead strategic Data & AI technical customer engagements that will require you to deliver architectural design sessions, pilots and/or implementation support directly or through partners. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
You will work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, that lead to successful deployments that support achieving/exceeding Azure Data Warehouse and Analytics Servicesconsumption revenue. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across our Microsoft Data Platform and non-Microsoft technologies.
Because of the relative complexity of these opportunities, the GBB Specialist forms strong v-teams across Microsoft and beyond. Candidates align their efforts with other GBB roles, our mainstream field sellers, Microsoft Services, SI and ISV partner sales executives, and Microsoft’s broader field leadership. GBB Specialists possess extensive experience with executive customer relationships and connections both in the US and internationally. GBB Specialists also possess deep knowledge of our competitor’s offerings, sales strategies, and relationships with our customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand customers’ overall Data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions)
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Analytics & Data Warehousing technologies and AI
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers
- Collaborate with other Specialists in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist for Analytics & Data Warehousing scenarios like Modernizing your legacy Data Warehouse and migrating to the cloud, new Modern Data Warehousing deployments and end to end analytics solutions.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
Experience. 10+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and/or deployment of analytics projects. This can include envisioning, design, architecture, implementation, and/or support required
Prior work experienceworking with solutions that include Data Warehouse, Spark, Data Lake, SQL DW, Hadoop and/or other comparable analytics solutions required
- Relationship Building.Experience in building sustainable relationships with senior Business and/or IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. required
- Selling and/or deploying Analytics & Data Warehousing solutions (SQL DW, Netezza, Teradata, Exadata)
- Previous experience with Snowflake, MapR, AWS (Redshift, Glue), Google (BigQuery)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale data deployments in enterprise-wide environments
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Strong Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, etc.)
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused
- Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying,
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.