Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can’t achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples’ lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
The Specialist Sales Director is a senior leader within our enterprise sales organization. The Specialist Sales Director leads, develops and manages a team of high performing Specialists to drive solution opportunity revenue and market share by leveraging the Microsoft 365 to meet their customers’ communication and collaboration needs.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The Specialist Sales Director – Microsoft 365 Advanced Communications (AMERICAS) is responsible for:
- Lead Modern Work Global Black Belt sellers to grow the Microsoft 365 Teams Advanced Communications business – Drive new opportunities, build strong pipeline, and forecast to overachieve revenue and scorecard targets
- Develop team’s Solution Sales skills to sell the business outcomes of the broader Modern Work platform.
- Ensure strong operational excellence and orchestration among virtual team members engaging at the customer
- Demonstrate thought leadership and business ownership by engaging and influencing corporate and field stakeholders to drive alignment throughout the business
- Develop a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, recognizing and rewarding, leading by example and by preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization
- Coach sellers with a “challenger mentality” by prompting sellers to engage early and lead with new insights on how to address customer needs
- Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration
- Lead sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions, increasing customer and partner satisfaction while ensuring customer intent to consume cloud services sold
- Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner offerings to delight our customers
7+ years of experience:
- Solution sales for Productivity solutions and/or Business Applications
- Identifying unique and complex business challenges and solutions
- Leading large sales opportunities requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, solution, technical, licensing and legal team members
- Successfully displacing competitors
- Carrying and exceeding a large sales quota by driving and closing enterprise deals
- Demonstrated passion and commitment for customer success
5+ years of experience:
- Selling Software-as-a-Service or Cloud-Based Solutions to Enterprise Customers
- Demonstrated Sales or Sales Management experience in Industry-aligned Enterprise sales
Deep Understanding of:
- Productivity and Communication solutions and how they translate into business impact
- Competitors and related ecosystem in Microsoft 365 all up
- Business value selling methodologies, practices and technologies that drive sales prospecting and sales management in solution selling environments
- Excels at developing strong relationships and leadership connections to understand customer needs
- Adept at challenging perspectives with new ideas that reframes thinking about deriving value from Microsoft solutions
- Strong presentation, white-boarding and communication skills
- Demonstrated people leader able to coach and inspire a diverse team of Solution Sales and Pre- Sales Professionals
- Building and maintaining a Diverse team and an Inclusive culture
- Unified Communications Sales Experience (Messaging, VoIP, Video Conferencing)
- Strong negotiating skills
Bachelor degree in Business Management or Industry related discipline is preferred.
The role can be performed remotely in any major city in the US.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.