The Visa Fraud Investigations team (VFI) is a department within the Financial Crimes Risk Management Enterprise. Our charter is to protect our client’s and the firm’s assets by preventing and mitigating fraud losses. VFI is responsible for conducting fraud investigations and pursuing recovery efforts of unauthorized debits to client accounts. Types of case investigations conducted include unauthorized Visa debit card transactions for both the Bank and Broker Dealer products.
What you are good at:
The Specialist is responsible for conducting Visa debit card investigations. Specialists for the VFI team must demonstrate initiative with minimal direct supervision when addressing their daily responsibilities. All casework must be completed within well defined regulatory guidelines in an environment that is fast paced and demanding. Consistency in exercising good judgment and decision making with respect to risk and fraud issues is key. The ability to effectively manage cases workloads and additional daily responsibilities at a high level of proficiency and quality is required.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting standard Visa debit card fraud investigations that the VFI team receives during the normal course of business.
- Ensure that all assigned cases are worked accurately and within well-defined regulatory target dates and in accordance with the regulations that govern them.
- Support the VFI Hotline by answering calls from business partners who have questions about the types of fraud cases we are responsible for.
- To monitor and decision real time Broker Dealer Visa Check Card activity, while monitoring for potentially fraudulent transactions.
- Support other individuals with their work when the need emerges.
Key Factors for Success in This Role
Organizational skills: ability to anticipate, improvise, and adapt for efficient resolutions. Consistently manage workloads effectively. Ability to marshal resources to get things done. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Use resources effectively and efficiently. Arrange information and files in a useful manner. Ensure that all follow-up responsibilities are completed timely and with limited direct supervision.
Quality: ability to problem solve with results-oriented style delivering good quality and timeliness. Demonstrated skills in the areas of critical thinking and judgment as they relate to assessing and mitigating risk to our clients and the firm (with respect to Visa debit card transactions)
Communication skills: work effectively across functions, maintain composure in stressful situations, and diffuse tense situations comfortably.
Client Focus: dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients. Act with the client in mind. Build and maintain efficient relationships with clients and gain their trust and respect.
What you have:
- 1 – 3 years financial services/banking experience with direct customer contact servicing Visa Check Card, check and/or ACH issues preferred. Minimum of 6 months of investigative experience in the areas of: Visa Check Card, ACH and check fraud investigations required.
- Demonstrated personal initiative to work through new and unfamiliar issues with mentorship while demonstrating good judgment and decision making with respect to risk issues.
- Demonstrated work history of working well with others in a team environment.
- Effective skills in the management of personal workloads with an emphasis on producing quality work with minimal errors in a demanding environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of Schwab systems related to both the Broker Dealer and the Schwab Bank sides of the business with respect to Visa debit card transactions is required (System knowledge to include, but not limited to: Visa CATS (Client Administrative Tools & Services), Visa Online, Client Central, Legacy and various other systems that are used to review and research payment transactions
- Working knowledge of Regulation E a must.
- Required experience within financial industry. Familiarity with financial industry operations preferred.