Applicants are considered on a rolling basis. We are primarily looking for applicants with start dates on or after January 1, 2021.
Princeton Strategies LLC is a Philadelphia based political consulting firm with clients ranging from federal candidates to clients who are seeking state and municipal office. The firm provides general consulting services to Democratic political candidates, with a heavy emphasis on grassroots organizing and fundraising. The firm operates with the philosophy that progress occurs one victory at a time and that every candidate is capable of achieving victory no matter what the odds may be.
Princeton Strategies is seeking organized, motivated, and dynamic individuals to serve as interns in 2021. The length is generally 3 months. Interns will work closely with senior staff members on various client projects and campaign tasks but will be expected to carry out independent projects as well. Interns will be empowered in an environment with potential for professional and personal growth. This is a great position for individuals interested in politics, government, or public policy looking to gain experience.
Intern duties include:
– Completing political and general research projects
– Supporting general campaign operations including communications and field
– Providing logistical support to fundraising operations
– Conducting voter contact and other field activities on behalf of client campaigns
– Entering and tracking data
– Staffing political events
– Task and project management
– Supporting firm staff with administrative tasks
– Other duties as necessary
The qualifications for this internship are the following:
– Strong organizational skills and work ethic
– Strong writing ability
– Ability to work well in groups
– Strong interest in politics or government
– Passion for progressive values
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Suite is mandatory
– Knowledge of NGP/VAN is a plus but not required
– Basic competency in graphic design is a plus but not required
The Princeton Strategies internship program is unpaid, but obtaining educational credit for this internship can be arranged. High-performing interns are also frequently placed with political campaigns over the course of the internship. Admission is on a rolling basis. Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume.
Princeton Strategies LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, handicap, or sexual orientation.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $1.00 – $2.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
We are currently working remotely due to Covid-19
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19