The Senior Accountant – Revenue Recognition is an individual contributor role in Revenue Recognition team responsible for accounting and reporting of T-Mobile’s customer offerings and bundled products appropriately under US GAAP and IFRS. This position reports to Accounting Manager, Revenue Recognition.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in technical and operational accounting, the ability to work with and analyze large volumes of data. The role will participate in month end close and reporting process and partner closely with Marketing, Technology, FP&A, and other Accounting teams. This is a highly dynamic and continuously evolving area of T-Mobile’s business; the ideal candidate works well through ambiguity, thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment, and possesses excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Participate in the month end close process – responsibilities include preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and variance analysis associated with revenue allocations.
- Ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place and kept up to date throughout areas of accounting responsibilities.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and analysis.
- Assist in the development and documentation of accounting process and procedures supporting new product and offers and accounted for within the revenue recognition platform.
- Proactively identify risks and partner with cross-functional teams to drive process improvements and implement best practices.
- Perform technical accounting research and assist in preparation of accounting operational memos.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or CA preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience preferably within a large company accounting environment or a large regional or Big Four accounting firm. Experience with ASC 606 or telecommunication industry preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting applications and experience with accounting GL and reporting systems.
- Ability to perform complex analysis and reconciliations of diverse scope and to communicate accounting impact related to projects or issues.
- Proven ability to mine, manage, and analyze large volumes of unstructured data.
- Proven ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance various projects simultaneously and manage prioritizations
- Excellent attention to details.
- Aptitude for information technology and business intelligence tools.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.