What does a Senior Application Analyst (COBOL) do?
As a Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing, coding, testing, and support the legacy mainframe system. You provide senior-level analytical and coding skills on large and sophisticated on-line and batch mainframe (COBOL) applications. The incumbent will support and supplement the staff for the Paypal/Venmo and Debit detail fee reporting projects.
Basic skills & Job responsibilities:
You will be responsible for working with online and batch applications that support credit card processing. You will have a minimum of 8 years experience with maintaining and supporting legacy enterprise mainframe systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 8 years IBM COBOL, CICS, JCL, VSAM experience.
- DB2 is nice to have.
- Production support experience with expertise in debugging system and application issues in a batch oriented system.
- Advise users, to determine software or system functional specifications.
- Designs and develops computer systems or programs, based on user defined requirements.
- Works on moderately sophisticated projects with moderate breadth of responsibility and handle on-call duties.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
The Global Business Solutions Lending team at Fiserv provides the innovative financing solutions businesses need to fund growth and drive economic vitality in communities around the country. Our solutions help thousands of businesses of all sizes quickly adapt to changing market needs from accelerating ecommerce sales and reimagining the retail experience to purchasing inventory, securing equipment and creating jobs.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.