When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference to our employee engagement in North America and further afield by assisting with the administration of a wide array of employee benefits programs. You will be looked to as an expert on North America and Canada Employee Benefits, with responsibilities for data analytics, vendor management, program implementation and employee communications. In addition, you will support Global programs and M&A activity.
Thermo Fisher is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that will help support the attraction, retention and motivation of our colleagues, by ensuring our employee benefits programs are aligned with the company and HR objectives, and with a high-performance culture. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization, as well as excellent hands-on project management experience. A deep understanding of US employee benefits practices, policies and processes is required: Canada experience is preferred. Experience with compliance and administration of employee directed accounts (i.e., HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs) a plus.
- Conduct plan analysis, program benchmarking and reporting of benefit programs. Assist with the review of claims experience, utilization trends, program enrollment and executive dashboards.
- Work with vendor partners to stay current on all legislative, regulatory and judicial development and help position the Company plans to take advantage of opportunities to lower costs and improve benefits and delivery platforms.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a cross functional group of strategic internal partners including our HR Service Center, Finance and Payroll, retaining a strong customer-focused mindset while ensuring adherence to policies and service delivery.
- Supports Benefits department, Finance and Accounting in the annual budgeting, forecasting, and monthly monitoring of U. S. and Canada employee benefits costs
- Develops an understanding of the benefits accounting process; monitors and analyzes medical claims for trends, fluctuations and seasonality; advises on prepaid benefit accruals; and assists external consultants with data requests to support forecasting.
- Performs ad hoc benefits analysis, plan calculations, benchmarking and reporting.
- Establishes linkage with healthcare carriers on quarterly business reviews.
- Key point of contact for Canada benefit programs, funding, compliance and management of vendors
- Acts as project manager for mergers & acquisitions Benefits integration efforts in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico in addition to supporting activity globally
- Provides day to day support for the management of Global programs including Global Employee Assistance and Business Travel Accident
- Supports the development and management of Thermo Fisher’s well being strategy in the US and Globally
- 7-10 years of experience in a fast-paced environment at growth/scaling stage business and partnering with increasing levels of responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Human Resources, Management or other related discipline
- Working knowledge of Workday is a plus
- Project management skills
- Experience with financial modeling
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Attention to detail, flexibility, ability to prioritize and take initiative
- An analytical mindset and comfortable with interpreting data, recognizing and communicating trends, and developing material to present key data elements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills with MS Excel and PowerPoint
Each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.