- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of data modeling and analytic skills
- Strong experience with ETL development, data modeling, data warehousing, tools such as MySQL, Tableau, and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required
- Self-driven, with demonstrated ability to deliver on ambiguous projects as well as projects/requests where the underlying data is incomplete
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
- Experienced working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment and comfortable navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems
Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and make informed buying decisions for a physical good or for a digital product. We set audacious goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. This is an opportunity to join the Books team at Amazon in support of our mission to inspire readers around the world.
We are looking for an analytical, results-oriented, self-motivated, and customer-focused Business Intelligence Engineer to play a key role in building critical data pipelines and analytics tools for the Books Author Follows team, which helps readers discover books by authors they love.
The ideal candidate will have excellent statistical and analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen and judgment, intense curiosity and strong technical skills. They are a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big and be creative (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. To be successful in this role, you should have broad skills in database design, be comfortable dealing with large and complex data sets, have experience building self-service dashboards and using visualization tools, while always applying analytical rigor to solve business problems.
You are right, a lot. You get a lot done. You work very efficiently and routinely to deliver the right things. You have a team-wide view of the analytical solutions that you build, and you consistently think in terms of automating or expanding the results.
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Write high quality optimized SQL to retrieve and analyze data from relational databases (ex. Redshift, MySQL, S3, RDS)
- Collaborate with other Business Intelligence teams to design and implement ETL data pipelines for extracting and analyzing billions of records from multiple databases.
- Work closely with Data Engineers and business users to design clean and scalable data sources required for analytics and reporting.
- Create user–friendly, repeatable reporting solutions to minimize ad hoc customer requests, which creates team thrash and a poor customer experience.
- Define and develop business-critical metrics, reports, key performance indicators, and financials across all forecasting products that are consumable by a wide range of functions and levels.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Familiarity with supply chain management concepts including planning, forecasting and optimization gained through work experience
- Expert in writing and tuning SQL scripts
- Experience working in very large data warehouse environments
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company
- Advanced capabilities with productivity software such as Excel and Access
New or Coming Soon Useful Entrepreneurship Books
An Entrepreneur’s Guide To The Sales & Marketing Universe: A Step-By-Step Guide To Organic Marketing
Secret strategies revealed on how to generate high quality leads efficiently and effectively.
But leads, no matter how good, are pretty much useless without the skills necessary to convert them into paying customers. What is the repeatable and scientific approach to take in sales to make sure you are maximizing your chances at landing closed deals?
Breaking Through The Wall: A Financial Advisor’s Guide to Grow, Scale, and Monetize Your Business for Millions
Many financial advisors out there are facing a wall. They’re generating $1-3 million in revenue; they’re managing all the households they can; they have little time to spend with their own families. They feel like they’re playing chief marketing officer, chief investment officer, CEO, CFO, chief compliance officer, and the chief technology officer all at once. There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Entrepreneurial Marketing and International New Ventures: Antecedents, Elements and Outcomes (Routledge Studies in Entrepreneurship)
The book investigates the entrepreneurial marketing (EM) concept within the broader discipline of international entrepreneurship. The analysis of this concept, and designing a model of EM antecedents, elements, and outcomes that was tested on the basis of empirical studies covering companies from three European countries, explores and develops the field of international marketing and entrepreneurship.
From the cofounder of Square, an inspiring and entertaining account of what it means to be a true entrepreneur and what it takes to build a resilient, world-changing company.
If today’s brands want to succeed, they have to be in the conversation, and influencers make that happen. The Age of Influence is an essential guide for marketing professionals and business owners who want to create and implement a highly effective and sustainable influencer marketing plan.
We are in the midst of an unprecedented digital transformation and tapping into this change is vital to any brand in today’s climate. Social media has democratized authority and influence, and information is created and consumed in ways that are constantly evolving.
12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
Your road map to a seven-figure business . . . in one year or less
By cutting out the noise and providing a clear and proven plan, this roadmap helps even brand-new entrepreneurs make decisions quickly, get their product up for sale, and launch it to a crowd that is ready and waiting to buy.
This is a book to help you acquire the mind-set to riches.
It’s about creating a way of living where you aren’t controlled by fear, inertia, or poverty. You, instead, are motivated by creative, positive action, and an open mind that is ready to receive prosperity in every area of your life. Here are the time-tested principles used by the self-made millionaires and billionaires to create lives beyond their wildest imaginations. Here are the time-tested principles that will help you tap into your inner reserves and knowledge you never knew you had. These writings—compact, powerful, practical—are ready to help you find solutions, discover new ideas, and make fresh starts on your road to riches!
This book is a compilation of successful habits that the author has learned in his career. I would even saythat this book is a manual of lessons for entry-level, junior manager, and even executives. It offers tips from the expert on medical device sales, as well as fundamental knowledge for any employee. As you read through the sincere yet passionate advice from the author on work strategy to a personal relationship, you will start to gain an overview of the the direction of your path. The vital key to success includes extreme self-discipline and a genuine passion for work.
Mentor-Made Millionaire is an insightful, thought-provoking dissection of what it takes to be a success in today’s money-centric society. It is designed to appeal to individuals on the path to success, managers, and business owners.
These days, we see the well-worn phrase ‘self-made millionaire’ practically everywhere. While Dr. Chad Shannon does not set out in Mentor-Made Millionaire to diminish the hard work put in by those remarkable individuals who achieve this accolade, his aim is to make the reader realize that not one of them could possibly have accomplished that aspirational status all by themselves.
Startups constantly face the challenge of how to make an impact given their initial small size and limited resources. Nine out of ten startups fail and more than fifty percent do not reach past the five-year mark. The few that do manage to survive can quickly find themselves swamped in the oversaturated market, unable to make any decent progress. So how can they establish themselves among their immediate competitors, let alone defeat larger, more established companies? Is the story of David and Goliath still relevant in the modern business world?
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology)
This book provides valuable insights into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) through a comprehensive examination of Vision 2030, an ambitious economic plan by the KSA to reinvent and diversify its economy from a heavy dependence on hydrocarbon to knowledge-based resources.
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 discusses how this initiative will assist the government in achieving its envisioned goals by creating a culture of research, innovation and entrepreneurship. It studies the current state of the field as well as new policies and reforms in Saudi Arabia which encompass education systems, ICT infrastructure and a vibrant innovation landscape that includes academia, the public and private sectors and civil society.