Sr Business Operations Manager, Worldwide Operations, Customer Experience and Success (CE&S), Worldwide (WW) Services
With over 21,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Services team includes IT architects, consultants, support engineers, sales, and business leaders who serve our customers in 191 countries and 46 languages, providing best-in-class platforms and productivity services. Our Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) team is on the front lines with our customers – Consumer and Enterprise – helping them get the most from their technology investments.
From end-to-end, Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) is transforming the way we support our customers, and we want you to be a part of it! CSS is a dynamic large global organization that delivers great customer experiences across all Microsoft products every day.
In CSS, our vision and our promise is to Drive Customer Success with a Modern Support experience across the customer lifecycle. We aspire to deliver seamless experiences with quality, speed and value by building self-healing into our products and services to prevent and automate issue resolution before customers experience a problem. We enable our transformation with telemetry, tools, readiness and business intelligence to drive successful outcomes for our customers. We know our customers and anticipate their needs across every stage of the lifecycle.
The Operations Excellence team is looking for experienced highly motivated Sr Business Operations Manager to focus on our Strategic Business Unit (SBU) operational support as a designated Business Operations Lead. This role will work very closely with the SBU /Technology leaders in CSS providing ongoing and consistent measurement and reporting of key performance measures (scorecard, KPIs, etc.), best-in-class analytics & insight to inform decision-making and demonstrate efficient processes for the SBU LOB. The Operations Lead is the trusted advisor to the global delivery leader they support managing day to day operations, strategic initiatives and driving the operational review cadences.
The person in this role must demonstrate and maintain strong domain expertise within the relevant LoB, demonstrate experience in calculating operational metrics and KPIs and articulate these analytics to key business stakeholders. Additionally, the Operations Lead will manage the suite of standard or ad hoc reporting needs and manage data feeds. In addition, the ability to be flexible and take on challenges outside of current knowledge and skill sets will be critical to achieving success. If you have the relevant experience and ideas for how to solve complex business problems, then we would like to hear from you.
- Orchestrate Annual Strategic Business Unit Priority Setting cycle
- Build CSS/SBU level Operating Plan
- Orchestrate the Monthly Business Reviews for Strategic Business Units across CE&S
- Orchestrate CSS KPI Target setting process
- Deliver operational insights through combining data analytics and business understanding
- Partner with Delivery teams to drive business process improvements
- Lead orchestration across CSS Functions to deliver cross group analytical insights of customer pain points / escalations
- Work across CSS functions to bring it together versus create
- Help run the Line of Businesses with a focus on key results – “the Chief Operating Officer”
- Build, maintain and broaden domain expertise in the relevant Line of Businesses
- Calculate operational metrics and analyze progress against operational targets; ensure key Strategic Business Unit leaders are aligned with analysis
- Develop and manage suite of standard, ad hoc or other reporting needs as requested for the organization; including defining and managing data feeds and taxonomy
- Provide consistent and thorough measurement and reporting of performance through scorecards, KPIs , etc.
- Demonstrate efficient planning and reporting processes
- Relevant progressive work experience applying analytical methods to business problems, driving improved decision-making and outcomes
- 5+ years of business experience; self-motivated, confident working at a senior executive level and comfortable working in a matrixed organization
- Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.