Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description Summary
The BSI (Bond Specialty Insurance) Operations Strategy and Transformation team is seeking a professional to join our team as an operations analyst. The successful candidate will play a key role in our mission to enable everyone within BSI Technology to do their best work every day with a higher level of accountability through lean, modernized and federated technology. The incumbent will contribute to our success through their work on Technology Currency, Application Stewardship (Enterprise One), Disaster Recovery and Business Resiliency and have an opportunity to interact collaboratively with both business and technology partners, cross-functional teams across business, projects and technologies.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess enterprise and BSI changes and partner with value stream and app development teams to determine level of impact to BSI.
- Maintains documentation of current state systems.
- Participates in re-certifications and assessments of applications, software products, runbooks, tabletops, DR exercises and BR processes.
- Support and maintain the reviews and re-certifications of the applications and products in Enterprise One.
- Participates and presents information during audits and reviews.
- Helps identify appropriate subject matter experts and stakeholders to participate in reviews and re-certifications.
- Actively manages the suite of software products used in BSI.
- Effectively communicates status of enhancements, change requests.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of experience supporting business technology systems required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in Business, MIS, or other related field preferred.
- Three years of experience supporting business technology systems preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Business Perspective (Intermediate)
- Technology (Intermediate):
Uses, leverages and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools).
- Analytical Thinking (Basic):
Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Relationship Management (Basic):
Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Communication (Basic):
Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Facilitation (Basic):
Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding.
- Teamwork (Intermediate):
Works together in situations when actions are interdependent, and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Conflict Management (Basic):
Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively.
- Change Management / Resilience (Basic):
Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Risk Taking (Basic):
Identifies, assesses, manages and takes intelligent risks to attain objectives.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with application lifecycles, technology environments including development, test, QA and prod & release management.
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with Agile/Kanban tools and methodologies.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.