As the Clinical Sales Training Specialist, you will be responsible for developing all Clinical Sales Training programs and delivering sales training material to the field sales force. This will include product knowledge, competitive product analysis and differentiation, sales force effectiveness for sales processes, continuing training and development of tenured sales personnel, and on-boarding of new personnel.
You will also develop and facilitate all areas and phases of training and development including on-going field needs, managers meetings, plan of action meetings and product launches.
Collaborative work with Sales, Marketing, Legal, HR, Regulatory and Clinical Affairs are essential to deliver effective sales training programs.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Develops objective driven clinical sales training program inclusive of strategy, process and collateral.
- Leads In-House and Field Sales Training programs
- Develops and manages a training curriculum budget with support from Sr. Manager of Clinical Sales Training, Functional Lead and Medical Education.
- Creates, implements and maintains sales training tools, processes and records.
- Gathers information related to sales training best practices in Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory Testing using NGS and incorporates these learnings into sales training strategies and programs.
- Conducts appropriate evaluation of sales training programs and materials related to performance, budget, processes, overall effectiveness and impact on team; incorporates conclusions from analyses into design and implementation of programs as needed.
- Lead training efforts in developing and executing training strategies including remote and in-person training, agenda creation, workshop development and content delivery as well as overall meeting facilitation
- Partner and collaborate with Marketing to develop sales force strategies to ensure product success in the marketplace
- Identify, evaluate and manage vendors to support training
- Establish goals and learning objectives, in conjunction with sales and marketing management, to design appropriate and effective curricula, utilizing principles of adult learning
- Leverage technology to promote cost effective remote training using company LMS system
- Aid in cross functional training to other functional areas such as Marketing, Clinical and Corporate
- Develop programs and gap assessment tools for use in meetings to aid in the continued development of the Sales Specialist skill and knowledge base
- Incorporate all required legal and regulatory compliance programs into the appropriate training programs
- Minimum BS/BA degree; advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years of sales, marketing and/or sales training experience preferred with a proven track record of results in medical device industry
- Basic understanding of clinical laboratory diagnostic.
- Understanding of NGS and genomics is a significant advantage
- Demonstrated success in building a corporate learning and development strategy
- Extensive experience in curriculum development, as well as in depth experience in various training methodologies to ensure effective delivery of material in an adult learning environment
- Detailed knowledge of sales training tools and potential vendor partnerships
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); team player/leader, high sense of urgency, ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, willingness and desire to ‘roll up sleeves’ and do the work vs. delegating constantly
- Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills are required.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf