We partner closely with Engineering, M365 Security and Trust teams, to prevent, detect, assess threats that impact our support platform. We also respond swiftly to security and privacy incidents in a holistic manner applying learnings to harden our systems. Our work requires regular collaboration with our partner teams as well as technical expertise to mine big datasets and discover key insights that help drive security, privacy related investigations and insights.
To support this mission, we are looking for a Data Scientist/Analyst who has a passion for analyzing big data to uncover anomalous usage insights and driving those insights into actions with our security and privacy champs.
The ideal candidate should be self-directed, passionate about data, a sleuthing spirit, focused on delivering the right results that help identify and stop internal threats. The candidate should be able to understand and apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact investigative questions and present the insights in a concise and effective manner. Experience partnering with data science to design and develop business metrics, build out data dashboards that tell our story and informs of the impacts our actions have on securing our platform.
Technical aptitude and programming skills are necessary in this role. The candidate should be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Build a holistic dashboard of our detection monitoring and investigations results
- Analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques
- Develop analytical data sets in Azure or internal Big Data Environments which can be used to for analytics and data science
- Understand policy performance (trends, funnels) as well as answer trending questions on monitored threat behaviors
- Build and maintain learning plans for potential new policies that can be applied to protect against further threats
- Leverage industry best practices in establishing repeatable BI practices, principles & processes
- Partner with Data Scientists within Amplify to develop deep insights into threat protections and communicate those to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Report out monthly communications on imact, trending and go forward planning
- Unique mix of technical, development, project and program management skills
- Ability to understand, translate and map security threats and prevention policies into analysis projects
- Expertise in database technology with solid understanding and hands-on skills with SQL Server
- Experience building large scale data sets in Azure
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions (e.g., creating formulas, pivot tables) and PowerBI
- Proficiency in Python programming language
- Ability to influence diverse audiences and build strong partnerships with stakeholders
- Strong ability to articulate vision, requirements & benefits, providing a solid rationale to business and technical partners
- Self-motivated, agile and driven to think out-of-the-box
- Curious in nature, ability to look for solutions and get creative in applying threat protection
- 5+ years relevant experience
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.