At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Leverage ETL methodology to design, develop, extend and support OBIEE reports for customer data in the Oracle CC&B database and data warehouse.
- Troubleshoot issues in OBIEE and work with business partners to ensure design satisfies business expectations
- Undertake complex assignments and/or projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge.
- Develop practical, workable and cost-effective solutions to business problems to satisfy client requirements.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex database queries and stored procedures.
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business, IT partners and other stakeholders.
- Consult and/or actively participate in the management and optimization of computing resources which could involve multiple functional areas.
- Establish positive team environment by proactively assisting and training less experienced personnel. Provide performance and development feedback as required.
- Effectively research, analyze and identify current and emerging technology trends/products/concepts that can improve the team’s or client’s business process.
- Perform analysis and provide technical recommendation to IT teams and business personnel to meet business/IT needs.
- Build and maintain knowledge of new technologies or technology opportunities and assist in analysis of their use for business and/or IT clients.
- Find areas for improvement in process and quality.
- Follow outlined coding guidelines pertaining to style, functionality, readability and ease of maintainability.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Help other team members learn appropriate theories, practices and principles that relate to their skill set portfolio
- As assigned, manage working relationship with outsourcing partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 5 to 8 years of experience in maintaining CIS applications or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Appropriate technical skills to analyze data and evaluate solutions.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and use in collaborative environment leveraging version control and coding standards.
- Ability to design build and test complex queries, views and stored procedures.
- Strong knowledge of business practices and processes in Customer Information Systems.
- Strong problem solving and analysis ability.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work with remote project teams.
- Experience working within an Agile methodology.
- Help other team members learn appropriate theories, practices and principles that relate to their skill set portfolio.
- Familiarity with Oracle databases, SQL Developer
- HP’s PPM/EDMs, HP’s ALM, Service Now for change requests and incidents.
- Utilize understanding of customer’s business needs to determine requirements.
- Utility Industry experience is a plus.
- Applies technical expertise to plan, design, build or support required products and processes.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster