What does a great Sr. DevOps Engineer do?
Sr. DevOps Engineers will be responsible for the deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting, automating and maintenance of critical enterprise application platforms in production. Collaborate on a founding team first and a large organization second. This is exciting, you will wear many hats, some you will be familiar with and others will be an opportunity to develop. This role will work collaboratively with software developers to deploy and operate our core systems, help automate and streamline our operations and process and build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations, troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test, QA, and production environments.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you can look forward to:
- Demonstrating your experience in runtime, build and deployment technologies and state-of-the-art project tools: CI/CD, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Eclipse, JIRA and Confluence.
- Utilizing your scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python, bash or PowerShell) and automation skills.
- Utilizing your knowledge in AWS Cloud and Cloud Orchestration Tools (Terraform, etc.), Containerization Docker/Kubernetes, Salt, Linux Shell-Scripts, ELK stack Grafanna, Splunk.
- Analyzing and resolving complex infrastructure and application issues.
- Using your strong communication skills, team spirit and empathy to collaborate with multiple teams.
- Willingness to take ownership and ability to show strong personal dedication for the department and the team goals; must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not afraid to take on responsibility in the team.
- Communicating clearly to business analysts and stakeholders as well as technical-representatives.
- Planning, highlighting and implementing possible improvements for existing and new applications.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study
- 4+ years working as a DevOps Engineer
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes
- Familiarity with agile software development
- Significant experience with Linux operating system environments
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24×7 uptime environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Solid understanding of SQL, DB2, Cassandra and Oracle databases.
- Hands on experience with multiple middleware technologies like WebSphere liberty, Apache, MQ, WebLogic etc.
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet