IQVIA is committed to bringing clients the best in creative problem solving, enabling healthcare companies to innovate with confidence, maximize opportunities, and ultimately drive human health forward. At IQVIA new and creative solutions aren’t just possible – they are expected. The key to our success is our people, whose experience, talent, commitment and diversity set the standard for the life sciences.
The Senior Director, Data, Integrated Insights and DSSR Architecture is a key member of the R&DS Enterprise Architecture team, and has overall responsibility for defining the technical architecture and facilitating the technical evolution of a suite of integrated cloud-based data software platforms and products designed to make clinical trials more efficient. The role demands the skills and experience of a seasoned architect who is passionate about using state-of-the-art technologies to build new commercial data platforms and products, who is sufficiently insightful to design for portability and seamless integration, and who is capable of leveraging existing IQVIA capabilities and platforms in an optimal way to expedite time-to-market.
The senior director routinely exhibits a high degree of facility with new and emerging technologies, and must provide strong leadership to:
- Guide a highly skilled technical team in the development of robust industry-leading software data products and user-centric solutions;
- Deep expertise in leveraging distributed SQL, NoSQL, and data acquisition, processing and visualization technologies as the core foundation.
- Build on-top of Hadoop, Big Data-based data platforms as the core development and integration platform to bring disparate clinical capabilities and systems together
- Design APIs, messages, and other interface methods to enable flexible integration with other systems of disparate technologies and inherent integration capabilities;
- Adopt micro-services architecture concepts and patterns, and exploit the usage and integration of open source platforms whenever practical;
- Collaborate with the Product Development & Management teams by clearly articulating the target technical environment and direction, and ensuring compliance with those parameters;
- Ensure that capabilities are implemented securely congruent with the standards of the pharma industry;
- Assure consistency, reusability, and deep integration of a substantial product portfolio;
- Meet all business and customer requirements that may impact architectural elements of the Clinical Trial product suite;
- Ensure that the product teams are apprised of relevant technology advancements, and facilitate discussions related to the general application of new and emerging concepts, tools, products and platforms.
- A minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience as an architect or developer of commercial software products;
- A minimum of 5 years as a commercial software data architecture, in a lead capacity;
- A minimum of 3 years formally managing other technical resources, with responsibility for individual performance management and cumulative team deliverables;
- Significant experience designing cloud-based software solutions for AWS, Azure or comparable environments;
- Significant experience with Hadoop, SQL and NoSQL distributed databases, Apache Spark technologies as the foundation of an open data platform, that serves as a glue integrating several solutions.
- Significant experience with APIs, web services, and general integration challenges and solutions;
- Significant hands-on experience with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) platforms, and ideally the MuleSoft platform
- Significant experience in Agile and/or Kaizen environments;
- Working knowledge of information security in the pharma industry;
- Experience in the Life Sciences, Healthcare or clinical drug development domains;
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills;
- A proven track record of leadership and mentoring;
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with little direct supervision
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] to arrange for such an accommodation.