Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: PayPal HR is looking for an experienced Senior Director, Global HR Business Partner to serve as a strategic business partner to leadership for our Branded Experiences Product organization. Reporting to the VP of HR for the Product and Sales organizations, the individual will have responsibility for clients who are developing consumer-focused payments solutions (e.g. person-to-person payments, cross-border remittances, in-store contactless payments, and shopping / deal-finding) in multiple geographic locations and will partner with the broader HR team on planning and delivering HR programs and services to the business. The successful candidate is strategically involved across a broad spectrum of HR disciplines including Employee Relations, Talent & Development, Total Rewards, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance Management and Talent Acquisition to drive business outcomes against the execution of our global HR and local site-level priorities. The Senior Director, HR Business Partner will partner with their business leaders to develop organizational and people-focused business objectives and interpret what people enablers are necessary to deliver business results. Further, the role is accountable for leading programs at scale, from need identification to implementation, considering the unique needs of our internal customers and in close partnership with the Human Resources Centers of Excellence (COE’s) and site-based HRBP’s. Responsibilities will be broad: leadership consulting on HR matters, performance and talent management, organizational realignment and workforce planning, HR program development and/or rollout for a product or functional group. This individual will also be charged with strengthening the senior leadership team of each function by providing coaching and counsel to senior leaders to further develop their leadership capability and capacity.
- Develop and steward holistic talent plan for client group(s) – championing customer journey via shared Goals/Outcomes with partners
- Analytical and critical thinking with ability to quickly get to deep understanding of challenges/Issues and uses a metrics-driven approach to solutions and the ability to leverage analytics and insights to create compelling narratives for change to gain sponsorship
- Deep business acumen and collaborative approach, with the executional know how of building and growing/scaling businesses globally through the ongoing development and supports of its people
- Proven ability to be a trusted partner; builds credibility and trust by providing a strong and visible HR leadership presence with leaders, people managers and employees, locally and globally
- The ability to root-cause issues, match people strategies to business strategies, and deliver global programs that drive results
- The ability to synthesize and effectively communicate complex situations into a digestible format for the business leaders and their teams
- Team oriented consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing “win-win” solutions across a matrix management organization
- The ability to flourish and navigate in a rapidly changing organization and operate comfortably with ambiguity and complexity
- Partners with business to drive and lead through organizational change and evolution
- Results driven individual who can produce outcomes
- Builds and fosters an inclusive and diverse culture aligned to our Company vision, mission and values
- Build and develop people manager and leadership team effectiveness
- 15+ years professional experience
- 10+ years of HR Business Partner experience in roles of progressively increasing scope and in matrixed, high-growth, global organizations
- Experience in a high profile, strategic HR role with heavy executive-level interface and a high degree of executive influence
- Significant depth in Organizational Design and Learning, people manager development, Facilitation, Executive Recruiting and Employee Relations is desired
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or equivalent experience is required with a preference for an advanced degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.