As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As the Global Risk Operations Lead, you will act as a trusted advisor and business partner to the Head of Global Risk Strategic Initiatives, Execution and Operations and the Global Risk Leadership Team, operating as the expert on operational delivery and excellence. You will be responsible for providing a structured approach to enhance the effectiveness of the Global Risk function, focusing on: 1) strategic planning, 2) operational management, 3) communication and engagement, and 4) key process improvement initiatives. You will collaborate cross-functionally with key leaders across Global Risk and the broader Visa organization to solve our toughest challenges, lead high priority Risk projects and drive greater operational rigor. You have exceptional operational expertise and excellent people skills with the ability to communicate and work collaboratively with individuals of all levels.
- Provide proactive guidance and support in the design, planning and development of initiatives that support the Global Risk strategy and align it with key business strategies and initiatives
- Develop and implement best practices to enable Global Risk to achieve its strategic initiatives, while ensuring best practices are shared between local markets, regional hub and global stakeholders
- Ensure relevant stakeholders across the organization are engaged in the delivery of key Risk initiatives, convening cross-functional teams to prioritize and deliver
- Drive escalation of key issues, coordinate relevant resources in the escalation process, and project manage the issue until its resolution
- Align strategic risk goals and initiatives as appropriate across the various regional and functional groups
- Standardize and operationalize key Risk processes to create a best-in-class function, e.g. repository of collateral, delineated business process maps, key operating procedures etc.
- Create the proper organizational processes to support the proper feedback channels between regional teams and global HQ
- Represent the voice of the business teams to ensure their needs are considered in developing and delivering effective Risk processes and procedures
- Provide consultative support that enable the Risk teams to support business opportunities that achieve organizational goals while ensuring the organization is operating securely
- Partner with Compliance, Legal and Sourcing to implement revised processes that improve the efficiency of partner and supplier onboarding
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- MBA or other advanced degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, or an analytical/operational role for global corporations
- Knowledge of the payments industry and experience in risk function is a plus
- Strong background establishing current state operational support process models and providing process improvement/redesign
- Exceptional project management, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communicator who seeks broader input and provides feedback in order to gain consensus across the organization; open to constructive criticism and new ideas
- Fact-based problem solver with the ability to evaluate alternative courses of action and make sound management decisions
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.