The Senior Director of Product Strategy and Alliances will be responsible for identifying and engaging in opportunities to expand our relationships with strategic partners – including technology/data companies, provider organizations, and life science companies. The duties will include understanding our business strategy and priorities, evaluating and negotiating deals with potential partners who can help the business achieve its strategy more rapidly or effectively in order to drive commercial success. This is a strategic role that will require a self-starter and highly motivated individual to grow existing and develop new relationships, both inside and outside of the organization. A strong background in transaction activity and relationship management is desired. A passion for advancing oncology and improving patient outcomes is required.
Target evaluation and business development
- In conjunction with product strategy and technology efforts, identify and evaluate potential partners / M&A targets that can close capability gaps for the Oncology business
- Lead outreach and partnership process with potential partners / M&A targets. Propose business model, relationship structure, and terms sheets aligned to business goals
- Lead negotiations on specific terms and executing on the deal
- Support and manage the internal business case development as needed
- Partner with relevant McKesson functions, including corporate strategy, legal, finance, and operations teams to determine deal structures, terms, and conditions, as well as with corporate strategy and M&A teams to execute on enterprise opportunities (50% of time)
- Build and manage executive and operational relationships with partner and internal organizations
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal McKesson stakeholders who are connected / interdependent on the partner
- Manage the partner relationship once onboarded
- Work with partners to identify additional offerings to supplement the organization’s existing products
- Bring a self-motivated and enthusiastic attitude to the organization in order to meet aggressive growth targets through partnerships
- Drive cost/benefit analysis of alliance relationship (30% of time)
Partner network and internal process improvement
- Create and refine process frameworks and artifacts to drive alliance planning and development
- Establish and extend partner network model
- Manage ongoing process for periodic internal and external partner business reviews
- Actively contribute to ongoing product strategy development and refinement (20% of time)
Typically requires 10+ years relevant experience
- 12+ years business development, partner management, consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or relevant industry experience
- Healthcare industry experience required; oncology experience with tech/data companies, providers, and/or life sciences industry
- History of successful deal negotiations and execution required
Specialized Knowledge/Skills –
- Outstanding judgment, intuition, self-starter/strong initiative, and quick learner.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to anticipate company and team needs.
- Excellent organization and project management skills and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects to budget and schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong partnerships with all facets of the organization to develop and execute plans, leveraging various teams across the organization.
- Ability to develop rapport and credibility internally and externally, promote ideas and proposals persuasively
- Ability to navigate complex organizations with shifting priorities
- Understanding of Healthcare industry, it’s key stakeholders, trends, economic drivers and policy across healthcare
- Executive Presence and Acumen: ability to engage with senior executives, influence without authority, and hold your ground / defend your opinions. Ability to make difficult decisions, esp. with imperfect information
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in business or finance, or related field or equivalent experience
- MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred
General office demands
Office locations, Las Colinas, TX, The Woodlands, TX, Scottsdale, AZ, and remote may be considered.
Estimated travel at 20%
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
New or Coming Soon Useful Entrepreneurship Books
An Entrepreneur’s Guide To The Sales & Marketing Universe: A Step-By-Step Guide To Organic Marketing
Secret strategies revealed on how to generate high quality leads efficiently and effectively.
But leads, no matter how good, are pretty much useless without the skills necessary to convert them into paying customers. What is the repeatable and scientific approach to take in sales to make sure you are maximizing your chances at landing closed deals?
Breaking Through The Wall: A Financial Advisor’s Guide to Grow, Scale, and Monetize Your Business for Millions
Many financial advisors out there are facing a wall. They’re generating $1-3 million in revenue; they’re managing all the households they can; they have little time to spend with their own families. They feel like they’re playing chief marketing officer, chief investment officer, CEO, CFO, chief compliance officer, and the chief technology officer all at once. There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Entrepreneurial Marketing and International New Ventures: Antecedents, Elements and Outcomes (Routledge Studies in Entrepreneurship)
The book investigates the entrepreneurial marketing (EM) concept within the broader discipline of international entrepreneurship. The analysis of this concept, and designing a model of EM antecedents, elements, and outcomes that was tested on the basis of empirical studies covering companies from three European countries, explores and develops the field of international marketing and entrepreneurship.
From the cofounder of Square, an inspiring and entertaining account of what it means to be a true entrepreneur and what it takes to build a resilient, world-changing company.
If today’s brands want to succeed, they have to be in the conversation, and influencers make that happen. The Age of Influence is an essential guide for marketing professionals and business owners who want to create and implement a highly effective and sustainable influencer marketing plan.
We are in the midst of an unprecedented digital transformation and tapping into this change is vital to any brand in today’s climate. Social media has democratized authority and influence, and information is created and consumed in ways that are constantly evolving.
12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
Your road map to a seven-figure business . . . in one year or less
By cutting out the noise and providing a clear and proven plan, this roadmap helps even brand-new entrepreneurs make decisions quickly, get their product up for sale, and launch it to a crowd that is ready and waiting to buy.
This is a book to help you acquire the mind-set to riches.
It’s about creating a way of living where you aren’t controlled by fear, inertia, or poverty. You, instead, are motivated by creative, positive action, and an open mind that is ready to receive prosperity in every area of your life. Here are the time-tested principles used by the self-made millionaires and billionaires to create lives beyond their wildest imaginations. Here are the time-tested principles that will help you tap into your inner reserves and knowledge you never knew you had. These writings—compact, powerful, practical—are ready to help you find solutions, discover new ideas, and make fresh starts on your road to riches!
This book is a compilation of successful habits that the author has learned in his career. I would even saythat this book is a manual of lessons for entry-level, junior manager, and even executives. It offers tips from the expert on medical device sales, as well as fundamental knowledge for any employee. As you read through the sincere yet passionate advice from the author on work strategy to a personal relationship, you will start to gain an overview of the the direction of your path. The vital key to success includes extreme self-discipline and a genuine passion for work.
Mentor-Made Millionaire is an insightful, thought-provoking dissection of what it takes to be a success in today’s money-centric society. It is designed to appeal to individuals on the path to success, managers, and business owners.
These days, we see the well-worn phrase ‘self-made millionaire’ practically everywhere. While Dr. Chad Shannon does not set out in Mentor-Made Millionaire to diminish the hard work put in by those remarkable individuals who achieve this accolade, his aim is to make the reader realize that not one of them could possibly have accomplished that aspirational status all by themselves.
Startups constantly face the challenge of how to make an impact given their initial small size and limited resources. Nine out of ten startups fail and more than fifty percent do not reach past the five-year mark. The few that do manage to survive can quickly find themselves swamped in the oversaturated market, unable to make any decent progress. So how can they establish themselves among their immediate competitors, let alone defeat larger, more established companies? Is the story of David and Goliath still relevant in the modern business world?
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology)
This book provides valuable insights into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) through a comprehensive examination of Vision 2030, an ambitious economic plan by the KSA to reinvent and diversify its economy from a heavy dependence on hydrocarbon to knowledge-based resources.
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 discusses how this initiative will assist the government in achieving its envisioned goals by creating a culture of research, innovation and entrepreneurship. It studies the current state of the field as well as new policies and reforms in Saudi Arabia which encompass education systems, ICT infrastructure and a vibrant innovation landscape that includes academia, the public and private sectors and civil society.