At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Primary Purpose of Position
- Perform technical analysis related to the Exelon transmission system. Analysis includes power flow studies, voltage adequacy, voltage stability, fault duty, and black start analysis.
- Perform production cost modeling studies utilizing the PROMOD tool to develop and analyze the economic and strategic impact of transmission projects inside and outside of the Exelon footprint.
- Support analytic requests from other departments within Transmission Planning including the Reliability, Reinforcement and Interconnection teams.
- Partner with T&S Engineering to address material condition issues and impacts to transmission system
- Establish, maintain and run economic models using the PROMOD production cost modeling tool
- Perform strategic transmission analysis and studies to determine the economic benefit of potential transmission projects for inclusion in financial analysis
- Develop and analyze multiple scenarios regarding future state of the transmission system incorporating industry trends and determine the overall financial risk / benefit of those scenarios
- Perform ad-hoc historical data analysis to support congestion analysis
- Conduct power flow simulations of forecasted future conditions on Exelon transmission system using computer software (PSS/E, TARA, PSCAD, etc.)
- Conduct technical studies on the Exelon transmission system (e.g. Stability, Dynamic Voltage Recovery, Rotor Angular Stability, etc.)
- Coordinate, analyze and respond to PJM for PJM Interconnection queue stability studies
- Develop solutions to forecasted violations of transmission planning criteria
- Conduct fault duty studies on the Exelon transmission system, typically using Aspen
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with transmission planning tools in performing load flow modeling, contingency studies and transfer analysis
- Prior experience with PSS/E, MUST, PSLF and Power World or equivalent
– Influences project decisions having a significant impact on the company.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster