T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital GSM/GPRS, UMTS, and LTE wireless voice and data technology standards. Senior Engineers, Systems Architecture located in Bellevue, WA will define technical requirements and work effectively with other organizations, users, and vendors on developing, testing, implementing, and supporting these requirements on existing/upcoming products.
Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide end-to-end design support for network element deployment and overall service design from proof of concept through lab validation to production launch supporting QA & operations teams.
- Present and defend the chosen design to partner teams and executive management.
- Support major hardware and software upgrades working with vendor(s) as well as connecting peer nodes to ensure seamless operation as the network architecture evolves.
- Provide support to Engineers in the team on project design, testing, and deployment activities.
- Review and update appropriate design documents.
- Create automated scripts on-demand to monitor the performance of platforms and other KPIs required for Executive Dashboard.
- Troubleshoot production issues related to the diameter routing, and collect and analyze interface traces.
- Work with the Performance and Planning Teams on assessing the performance and capacity of the platform and recommend corrective actions to resolve any identified degradation.
- Work with the Capacity Planning team on the capacity forecast for the related nodes and plan necessary expansion or optimization to ensure uncompromised provisioning and network performance.
- Work with internal and external teams to manage timely and successful completion of projects.
- Use skills to continually enhance existing applications and processes.
- (1) Vendor management including experience with 3GPP 3G and LTE standards to negotiate technical product requirements and track successful and on-time testing and delivery to production.
- (2) Utilizing Network Monitoring, Traffic Simulation, and Protocol Analysis Tools including Protocol analyzers, TCP/IP, Diameter and SIP for technical troubleshooting of production and lab environments.
- (3) Interpreting technical specifications in accordance with wireless industry standards, including 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), in order to establish wireless network designs.
- (4) Performing design integration utilizing experience in 3G/4G Wireless network nodes, along with experience configuring or troubleshooting IP firewalls, routers, gateways, and proxies.
- (5) Using Extraction, Transformation and loading tools like Informatica and AbInitio to analyze wireless service provider’s billing records.
Experience and education requirements:
PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering or related, and three years of relevant work experience.
ALTERNATIVE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering, or related, and five years of relevant work experience.
- Location: Bellevue, WA
- Employer is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.
- This position is eligible for the employee referral program.
How to apply:
- Visit www.tmobile.jobs.
- Create a candidate profile, and apply to requisition number 152784BR.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.