The goal of Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (CFPA) team is to provide key insights that help Microsoft make better financial and business decisions. Our team is at the hub of Microsoft’s financial activities, being a key strategic partner to all sides of the business and serving a diverse set of stakeholders: CFOs, Senior Leadership Team, engineering groups, and sales and marketing teams.
Finance Managers in our team help us transform the way we measure business performance, manage resources and lead financial activities using business intelligence, modelling and analytics. As a Finance Manager, you will have a unique opportunity to use your insights and strategic thinking to partner with leaders on financial decisions, investments, efficiency and process transformation projects.
- Envision and partner across teams to drive Opex, COGS and HC planning process and deliverables including models, cascade, executive reviews for Commercial sales teams.
- Model worldwide expense projections for company-wide Units of Accountability (U of A) model
- Model Field (Geos) Targets; Drive consolidation of various Target inputs for overall Target Setting Model
- Consolidate investment requests, provided analysis, and recommend decisions.
- Own Field Targets cascade and help Field land Budgets ensuring Targets are met.
- Closely collaborate with GSMO HQ, WCB Commercial, Services, Field, Central Finance Team (CFT), and Engineering group to drive OPEX/HC target and budget process, including evolution of design requirements for tools and processes.
- Review budget restatement requests and provide recommendations.
- Supports Planning tool transformation through partnership with Microsoft Data Engineering/IT teams.
- Transformational projects to drive positive impact on the finance employees, function, and the business.
- Support Services revenue integration with Commercial Business for Target/Budget Process for Microsoft Central Finance owned processes.
- Strong financial modeling skills: proven ability to structure, build complex, interconnected models
- Strong cross group collaboration and ability to build trust and partnerships with global stakeholders
- Comfortable working with a high degree of ambiguity in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects and reprioritize
- Strong written/verbal communication and ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Analytical, detail oriented & thorough, with ability to think big picture and understand the key trends
- Self-starter with an ability to work on own initiative and drive for results
- Systems, tools and technology savvy; proficient in Excel, Power Point and all other Office application
- 7+ years of demonstrated Finance experience with progressively greater achievement and responsibility in FP&A preferred; BA or BS in Finance or other related field, MBA/CPA preferred