The goal of Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (CFPA) team is to provide key insights that help Microsoft make better financial and business decisions. Our team is at the hub of Microsoft’s financial activities, being a key strategic partner to all sides of the business and serving a diverse set of stakeholders: CFOs, Senior Leadership Team, engineering groups, and sales and marketing teams.
Finance Managers in our team help us transform the way we measure business performance, manage resources and lead financial activities using business intelligence, modelling and analytics. As a Finance Manager, you will have a unique opportunity to use your insights and strategic thinking to partner with leaders on financial decisions, investments, efficiency and process transformation projects.
els, or terminology.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Envision and partner across teams to analyze commercial revenue drivers and market data using SQL or Microsoft BI technologies for Commercial Revenue Targets and budgets across engineering, field, and sales strategic finance.
- Supports US Federal Targets and Budgets for Microsoft Central Finance owned processes, including evolution of design requirements for tools and processes.
- Deliver Field Annual/Semester Targets cascade and support Field in Budgeting and restatements ensuring governance and controls.
- Partner with tool team to ensure timely, agile, and intelligent tool support to enable accurate and efficient rhythm deliverables, including simplification efforts as required.
- Supports Planning tool transformation through partnership with Microsoft Data Engineering/IT teams
- Transformational projects to drive positive impact on the finance employees, function, and the business.
- BS/BA degree with relevant work experience required; MBA/CPA or equivalent are a plus.
- 7+ years of progressive work experience in financial planning and analysis, financial reporting, financial processes, data modelling, data analysis, and business partnering.
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in SQL required, Power BI/PowerPivot/VBA are a plus.
- Experience defining business requirements, with ability to develop rapid prototypes and proofs-of-concept to test effectiveness of said requirements and accelerate time to production.
- Familiarity with Microsoft financial processes and reporting technologies & systems, such as MS Sales, Mercury, MS People, Plancast, MSRA, etc. preferred.
- Problem solving attitude which thrives on addressing complex and ambiguous challenges and problems through data and analytics.
- Passion for Data, BI and analytics to drive business value.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, business partnering and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management, prioritization and organization skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Discipline, maturity and drive for results and impact
Other jobs you may like
The goal of the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (CFPA) team is to provide key insights that help Microsoft make better financial and business decisions. Our team is at the hub of Microsoft’s financial activities, being a key strategic partner to all sides of the business and serving a diverse set of stakeholders: CFOs, Senior Leadership Team, engineering groups, and sales and marketing teams.
Finance Managers in our team help us transform the way we measure business performance, manage resources, and lead financial activities using business intelligence, modeling, and analytics. As a Finance Manager, you will have a unique opportunity to use your insights and strategic thinking to partner with leaders on financial decisions, investments, efficiency, and process transformation projects.
We are looking for a strong Finance professional with strong modeling and analytical skills combined with a strong executive presence to support primarily revenue and gross margin analysis and planning, but also to help on Opex related projects. The person needs to have a passion and drive to understand the business model and drivers in our commercial business and products. This is not a typical revenue or financial analysis role – this is a hybrid of everything that you have learned until now about business analysis and financial modeling. You will use that knowledge and drive to deliver succinct, company-wide insights to our finance leaders.
A successful candidate’s background should be grounded with a deep understanding of Software and Cloud revenue drivers, how the revenue lifecycle works across billed, adjusted, and unearned revenue, drivers of Operating expenses, an understanding of Microsoft hierarchies and systems, and an ability to build cross team relationships effectively and communicate clearly and succinctly to management. The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual analysis of business performance across all Commercial Software and Cloud Products.
- Own and Drive annual process and governance for our externally reported Commercial KPIs.
- Support analytics and reporting on Revenue per socket, Commercial AGR and key customer monetization metrics.
- Own metric definitions, process, governance for Executive Scorecard (EIP).
- Ad-hoc projects to incubate new frameworks, drive deeper analytics on Revenue and GM performance of key products and key competitors.
- 10+ years of demonstrated work experience in finance
- Degree in finance, accounting or equivalent is required
- MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
- Systems, tools and technology savvy; financial reporting and power Excel expertise; prior knowledge of MS Sales and/or Mercury is a plus; strong PowerPoint skills are a plus
- Detail oriented & thorough, with ability to think ‘big picture’ and understand the key trends and levers that drive Microsoft’s business
- A firm understanding of financial statements and how they relate to one another
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work creatively and effectively in ambiguous situations
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, particularly strong with cross-group collaboration and executive presence