Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. The Margin Strategy and Investment Optimization (MSIO) finance team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help shape the future of our cloud products.
The team’s charter is to build out end to end Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure while driving down unit cost of capacity, ensuring cloud services achieve both profit and gross margin growth. As a crucial member of the team you’ll also support long term bets and drive competitive intelligence to keep Microsoft Cloud ahead of competition. All while enhancing transparency into Cloud Infrastructure investments, safeguarding shareholder interest.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Manager to help enhance and shape the future of our M365, E+D and overall commercial cloud business profitability through focus on gross margin strategy by managing business health, delivering actionable insights and driving investment optimization in close partnership with senior business and finance leaders.
- Lead COGS efficiencies program and operating model across E+D in very close partnership with engineering leadership, finance peers, and a broad group of stakeholders to enable success in achieving gross margin goals for the business and shaping the cost structure for longer term health of the business.
- Drive senior leadership (SLT) oriented insights and reviews on COGS and Margin execution plan clearly communicating results, highlight risks and opportunities, and providing recommendations impacting bottom lines in a timely manner.
- Expand understanding of capacity cost drivers horizontally across product and service workloads.
- Own or contribute to key financial and operational rhythm deliverables, including but not limited to – demand and capacity planning S&OP, budgeting etc.
- Modernize core reporting capabilities.
- Ongoing opportunity to participate in projects to help solve business challenges that arise from time to time.
Our team values the following set of skills, which this role will help you enhance:
- Bachelor’s degree in business/finance, economics, math or computer science/engineering; MBA preferred
- 6+ years of relevant finance and analysis work experiences with progressive advancement within your discipline
- Senior executive level presence, engagement and oral/written communication skills
- Self-starter driving best-in-class decision support amongst ambiguity and uncertainty in a business that evolves at fast pace
- Strong partnering capabilities, with the ability to influence others without direct authority and appropriately push back when required
- Proven data and financial modeling capabilities; ability to work with financial systems and strong project/process management
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking; ability to articulate complex concepts and analysis in a simple way
- Proven leadership skills, with demonstrated results in proactively driving and delivering high value/high-impact project results through both individual and v-team efforts
- Comfort working at multiple altitudes, from strategic/high-level projects to detailed COGS analysis
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines, quickly prioritize for impact and the resourcefulness to deliver
- Strongly prefer deep understanding of the technology industry, particularly commercial public and private cloud services, business models and economics
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.