IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
- Accountable for ensuring the “right subjects” and “right data” to meet our contractual requirements.
- Participate in bid defense preparations. Attend bid defense presentations and lead the clinical delivery strategy for medium size and multiple country/region studies, in partnership with business development and senior project leader as needed.
- Develop and maintain clinical project plans, including but not limited to clinical operations plan, recruitment and retention strategy plan, etc. to be incorporated into the integrated study management plan/project management plan.
- Accountable for the clinical delivery (subject recruitment, site management, data integrity) per contract, ensuring consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures.
- Partner with the project leaders to confirm objectives of the clinical team according to agreed-upon contract, strategy and approach. Effectively communicate and assess performance against these agreed objectives.
- Ensure all appropriate subject/patient recruitment strategies are in place at the outset of the study to maximise subject/patient recruitment opportunities to achieve delivery according to contract, including, but not limited to, all outreach or digital offerings being explored and deployed.
- Ensure all processes and tools are available to maximise clinical team’s ability to monitor and secure patient recruitment to the monitoring team from the outset of the study including, but not limited to a clear recruitment strategy plan, the subject/patient pathway materials and clearly defined contingency plans with agreed trigger points for deployment. Throughout the study these strategies and materials should be kept under constant review and updated in response to progress on the study to ensure clear understanding by all parties (internal and external) of expectations throughout the recruitment period; and inspire customer confidence in a clear and enforced action plan and thereby ensure successful delivery to customer satisfaction.
- Monitor clinical progress against contract and prepare/present project information proactively to all stakeholders internally and externally as required.
- Deliver the project/program according to the quality management plan. Guide CRAs and advise on critical specific study issues.
- Collaborate with other functional groups within the company where necessary to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles.
- Manage risks (positive and negative) which could impact on the clinical delivery of the project and determine contingencies. Partner with functional leaders in problem solving and resolution efforts.
- Achieve project quality by identifying quality risks and issues, responding to issues which impact the clinical delivery, responding to issues raised by project team members and planning/implementing appropriate corrective and preventative action plans.
- Serve as clinical project contact with customer where applicable and agreed with the project leader.
- Drive for high performance and efficiency of the clinical team to support financial success of the project.
- Support the project leader in ensuring the financial success of the project.
- Identify changes in scope and support project leader in completion of the change control process.
- Identify and communicate lessons learned and implement best practices to promote continuous improvement.
- Adopt corporate initiatives and changes and serve as a change advocate when necessary.
- Provide input to line managers of their project team members’ performance relative to project tasks. Support staff development. Mentor less experienced project team members on assigned projects to support their professional development.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In depth knowledge of, and skill in applying applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Broad protocol knowledge; therapeutic knowledge
- Strong understanding of Clinical Research industry (drug/device/technology/etc.) and the relevant environments in which it operates
- Ability to understand customer needs and appropriately influence decision making
- Good understanding of other company functions and their inter-relationship to achieve project delivery
- Knowledge of Project management practices and terminology
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials to achieve clinical team understanding of project and enable effective delivery thereof
- Good understanding of project financials
- Proven ability to work through others to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics, monitoring/managing performance and providing feedback; experience productively partnering cross functionally and with customers to advance work effectively and efficiently
- Ability to identify and organize clinical resources needed to accomplish tasks, set objectives and provide clear direction to others; experience planning activities in advance and taking account of possible changing circumstances; manages time effectively
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including good command of English language
- Demonstrated proficiency in using systems and technology to achieve work objectives
- Proven ability at analyzing data and information to derive conclusions and drive sound decision making
- Experience working productively in a pressurized environment, managing competing priorities and maintaining a positive outlook at work; handles criticism well and learns from it
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to understand customer needs and appropriately influence decision making
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
- Demonstrated learning agility and openness to learning and keeping own knowledge and skill set current and evolving
- Effective mentoring and training skills, fostering learning and knowledge sharing with colleagues
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a health care or other scientific discipline with 7 years clinical research/monitoring experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
- May require occasional travel
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] to arrange for such an accommodation.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.