At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Partnering with all levels of leadership within the business unit, aligns HR strategy with business goals, direction and vision. Provide proactive professional HR guidance and support to internal clients with goal of adding value to the overall business as well as impacting the Exelon enterprise in attainment of strategy. Working under general direction, supports assigned client group and implements HR Strategy, in partnership with HR leadership, to support business unit goals and objectives. Supports the change management process across the HR organization as well as directly with respective client groups.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Champion employee engagement and workforce effectiveness planning and initiative implementation in partnership with the business and HR specialty areas, such as talent acquisition and diversity and inclusion, etc.
- Partner with business leadership to provide consultative guidance, develop and implement plans informed by organizational capabilities, structure, processes and competencies in alignment with business strategy.
- Liaison to specialty HR functions and centers of expertise for optimal client support.
- Lead or participate in enterprise-wide initiatives including, but not limited to mergers and acquisitions, HR and business transformation projects, as well as support and sustain change.
- Drive integrated process focused on workforce and talent planning through assessment of talent pipeline and strategizing to foster strength, in partnership with HR leadership.
- Evaluate and resolve employee relations issues, as well as evaluate and develop strategy for trends.
- Provide input to COEs with goal of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Interacts with business leadership and the broader HR community.
- Requires an extensive working knowledge of company policies and the procedures and interdependencies (and the Collective Bargaining Agreement, where applicable).
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion within established policies. Works closely with leadership at all levels.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5 to 8 years of strong HR operations experience or HR specialist area in a matrix organization.
- Ability to provide verbal and written communications clearly, succinctly and persuasively.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including knowledge of EEO, ADA and FMLA.
- Ability to understand problems in the context of the bigger picture and influential relationships as well as the overall industry and marketplace in which Exelon operates.
- Strong drive for results to lead and facilitate efforts to ensure human resources alignment with the business unit.
- Proven skills in coaching and performance management
- Demonstrated ability to deal directly with client leads to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
- Ability to use research methods effectively including data collection and analysis
- Advanced degree, MBA or Masters Degree in related HR field PHR or SPHR
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster