6+ years of experience in an HR, compliance, or risk management role
As a member of Amazon’s HR Risk & Compliance team, the Sr. HR Risk & Compliance Manager will be an integral team member working with global HR policy, process, and system owners to manage complex pay, time and attendance requirements, controls, and risk issues. This includes researching legal and regulatory obligations with local labor and employment attorneys, working with project teams to translate legal and regulatory obligations into system or process requirements, monitoring the effectiveness of controls designed to meet obligations on a regular, and ongoing basis, and developing and leading remediation plans to mitigate risk. These projects may be driven by new legal requirements, geographies, types of business, solution implementations, or emerging risk issues, among other things.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Consult with global legal and HR policy, process, and system owners to ensure that sound protocols are in place to mitigate pay, time and attendance related risks.
- Monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop and own action items to remediate identified risk issues.
- Develop deep knowledge of the payroll and time and attendance solution(s) utilized by Amazon, consult on the development of business requirements for new system implementations and enhancements.
- Draft written narratives to communicate obligations, risk analyses, and recommendations to HR policy, process, and system owners and senior stakeholders.
- Inventory risk and compliance obligations in a governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) system framework.
- Conduct on-site and virtual risk control assessments, draft reports detailing methodology, results, and remediation plans.
- Consult on supporting documentation such as manager and employee communications, FAQs, and standard operating processes.
- Respond to questions and troubleshoot issues.
- Manage other HR risk and compliance related projects as needs arise.
- Able to travel 10%, as necessary
The ideal candidate is seeking to work for a highly innovative company and is motivated by the opportunity to participate in the development of new and leading-edge HR solutions. The successful candidate is highly organized, ably builds trusting relationships with internal stakeholders at various levels across the organization, adapts quickly to changing demands, demonstrates critical inquiry, attention to details, and the ability to effectively articulate recommendations/conclusions verbally and written. Knowledge of human resources processes and risk/compliance management concepts, particularly in an international context, are preferred.
8+ years of experience in an HR, compliance, or risk management role
Advanced degree in a related area (MBA or JD)
Experience with payroll, working time, and/or benefits related topics
MS Office proficiency
Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and drive forward results
Experience building cross-functional partnerships and influencing stakeholders across the organization to act without having a direct reporting relationship
Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary; sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
Proven analytical capabilities; experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
Experience managing HR projects and developing HR policies
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.