- 5+ years experience in instructional design and developing learning content
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in designing, developing, planning, implementing and assessing training for Technical Teams and Organizations
- Program management and administration skills: organization, managing details, ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities, time management, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results.
- Knowledge of instructional theories: adult learning, on the job learning, knowledge management theories, principles in both virtual and classroom instruction.
Student Programs (SP) is responsible for attracting, hiring, and integrating the best student talent from all backgrounds to build the future of Amazon’s global workforce. We are looking for an experienced Senior Instructional Designer (onboarding & development) to build scalable, authentic learning experiences that will shape the next generation of talent hired through Student Programs.
In this role you will develop and execute onboarding and development solutions that directly impact the success of students hired for all businesses across Amazon. You will pivot between executing intensive onboarding and training experiences, and driving long-term scalability of these solutions to meet the needs of a rapidly growing population. This includes curriculum design, execution of onboarding programs, and managing a complex group of stakeholders.
The ideal candidate must be self-driven and have the capability and confidence to interface effectively with senior leaders, and multiple stakeholders. A strong business acumen, excellent communication skills, influence with limited authority, ability to navigate ambiguity, and planning/project management skills are critical for this role. This individual will design a global onboarding training program, establish candidate development needs, and scale learning delivery methods that are tailored to customers’ needs.
As a Senior Instructional Designer, you will create and continuously improve onboarding programs using an array of creative approaches that inspire learners and drive productivity and accuracy.
- Partner with Student Programs and Talent Acquisition Leaders, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other key stakeholders to identify target audience training needs against required training timelines
- Conduct stakeholder and SME interviews to determine, recommend and document project instructional standards, learner engagement strategies and evaluation plan
- Design and develop course content including, but not limited to, measurable learning objectives, scenarios, simulations, audio scripts, progress checks, performance evaluations, reference glossaries, and knowledge assessments
- Design and develop new hire and tenured testing assessments
- Utilize ADDIE, LLAMA, and other recognized models to rapidly design, develop, and publish engaging course content and learning activities for ILT, online, and virtual modalities with continuous evaluation/improvement cycles for the course content
- Proficiency utilizing instructional design tools such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Camtasia.
- Adapt instructional materials created for one format to another format (usually from face-to-face to eLearning or virtual settings)
- Revise and rewrite course content based on data illustrating ROI or efficacy of training modules
- Contribute to continuous improvement of instructional design and training processes
- Coach and mentor less experienced staff
- A work sample demonstrating your experience and skill using course authoring tools and ID theory will be requested as part of the hiring process.
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education Technology, or similar field
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate
- Ability to use judgment in selecting proper learning solutions based on learner need
- Innovative and proactive problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations
- Superior communication and influencing skills are a must, with the ability to communicate effectively and credibly both verbally and in writing with audiences at all management levels
- Aptitude for learning and using technology for both learning design and data analysis.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.