Advisor Services is the leading provider of custodial, trading, technology and practice management to registered independent advisory firms. We provide access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts.
Advisor Services Custody Solutions Team supports Schwab’s Advisor Services management by providing analysis, coordination, and resolution on a variety of policy exception requests. The team also works with AS Sales and Service to find flexible solutions to complex situations. We regularly interact with internal business partners such as Corporate Counsel, Risk, and Compliance, to act as intermediary and assist / analyze / advise / manage policy exception decisions.
This role will primarily be responsible for finding solutions to the complex needs of advisors in our Premier Wealth Group and Family Office Service offering. This position is an individual contributor role that reports to the Sr. Team Manager.
What you are good at:
- Provide concierge solution service to Premier Wealth and Family Office Advisors working with ultra-high net worth clients
- Work with AS Sales, ACT Service and directly with Advisors to determine solutions to complex requests
- Identify, research, analyze and highlight risks and legal issues which assist the business in making an informed decision
- Develop and manage customized solutions
- Work directly with Legal Services, Compliance and other business partners to find solutions to complex requests
- Overcome obstacles to successfully execute on multiple objectives simultaneously
- Partner with other team members to continually enhance the process client experience and outcomes
What you have:
- Experience in the securities, brokerage or financial services industry and/or working with regulatory and risk issues
- Superior partnering skills as work typically requires a coordinated effort with team members and cross-functional business partners
- A good understanding of the diverse needs of Family Offices and RIAs, and how they interact with their clients, Schwab Sales and Service.
- Experienced with Advisor Service’s Organization and has good knowledge of Advisor Services Business policies and procedures, products and services.
- The ability to think creatively, find flexible solutions to complicated situations and professional maturity to handle ambiguous situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with internal and external business partners as well as Senior Management.
- Demonstrated experience in reaching resolution on complex issues.
- Good judgment skills – when to go deep and when to escalate issues will be critical to the success of this role.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Excellent time and resource management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 7+ years of relevant experience