- PhD or equivalent Master’s Degree plus 4+ years of experience in a quantitative field.
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Strong analytical skills.
- 5+ years of experience of building predictive models for business and proficiency in model development and model validation.
- Experience managing data pipelines for data ingestion
- Experience working with software development teams and taking models to production
- Experience managing business stakeholders across organizations
- Strong communication skills
The Amazon Devices-Demand Planning team is seeking an outstanding Science Manager with strong analytical and communication skills to help with demand forecasting for the entire Amazon device family of products and accessories. We develop scalable and robust state-of-the-art solutions that involve learning from different data sources. This role is central to the continued growth of Amazon Device division as we have grown from the first Kindle E-Reader to a vast portfolio of Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablet, E-Reader, Ring and many other devices. With better forecasts we drive down supply chain costs, enabling the offer of lower prices and better in-stock selection for our customers.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to both develop advanced scientific solutions and drive critical customer and business impacts. Your team will drive end-to-end solutions from understanding our business requirements, exploring a large amount of historical data, building prototypes and exploring conceptually new solutions, to working with partner teams for prod deployment. You will collaborate closely with engineering peers as well as business stakeholders. You will be at the heart of a growing and exciting focus area for Amazon Devices.
You are an individual with outstanding analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, and are comfortable working with cross-functional teams and systems. Your team will be responsible for researching, prototyping, experimenting, and analyzing predictive models and getting them to production.
- Hire excellent science talent, mentor them and lay a clear growth path for your team
- Research and develop new methodologies for demand forecasting and price modeling.
- Improve upon existing methodologies by adding new data sources and implementing model enhancements.
- Drive scalable solutions.
- Create and track accuracy and performance metrics (both technical and business metrics).
- Create, enhance, and maintain technical documentation, and present to other scientists, engineers and business leaders.
- Drive best practices on the team; mentor and guide junior members to achieve their career growth potential.
- Experience with time series modeling and machine learning forecasting.
- Experience with price modeling.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.