DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sr. Manager Knee Robotics R&D to be located in Warsaw, IN. Consideration given to candidates in commuting distance of JNJ sites in the US.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are crafted to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Orthopaedic Robotics Team is bringing innovation to patient care. We are using robotics and digital tools for surgical teams to increase the performance, accuracy, and safety of surgical procedures.
The Sr. Manager Knee Robotics R&D will be a key leadership role in the R&D team on the forefront of digital and robotic technology for the orthopedic medical device industry. This role will lead of innovating, defining, driving and maintaining the VELYS Knee Robotic Solution. The ideal candidate for this role is a strong collaborator that takes the time to understand the key clinical and non-clinical stakeholders to drive product requirements for a best in class system. They will have communication and collaboration skills that allow them to lead and influence across the organization.
- Run day-to-day operational and procedural aspects the Knee Robotics R&D project, including management of 2-5 employees, stakeholder alignment and customer engagement touch points and feedback.
- Partner with Robotics R&D LT, Knee R&D LT and Cross Functional stakeholders on all aspects of the medical device development process as it relates to the VELYS Knee Robotic Solution. For example, this may include design inputs, outputs, involvements in labs, VOC events, product life cycle management and support of customer issues.
- Identify assumptions, risks, mitigations, key deliverables, critical path dependencies and resource needs.
- Work and technically influence project sub-teams to ensure project execution. Work closely with the Program Management, Hardware, Software, Systems, Electrical and Test Engineering within the Robotics Organization, R&D in the Joints Organization, and Cross Functions through all phases of product development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (required).
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience (required).
- Meaningful experience with all working elements in a cross functional landscape, following a product through the entire design cycle (required).
- Minimum of 5 years clinical expertise in knee replacement, hip replacement and other joint replacement therapies (required).
- Significant experience in both domestic and international cadaveric labs (preferred).
- Experience with hardware and software medical devices (preferred).
- Experience with hardware design and development (preferred).
- Experience with 510K and CE mark (required).
- Ability to support international and domestic travel up to 50% (required).
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)