The Partner Enablement Manager is responsible for creating and driving Enablement initiatives across our professional service partners. The partner enablement Manager should be a strategic thinker and problem solver who can understand our partners pains, and work to develop and launch effective programs.
Partner: Service provider (sourcing partner) who develops web services/solutions for the customer based on the SDK’s from the IAP/BB platform.
Customer: Customer from Illumina who makes use of the platform services.
- Asses, select and manage partners
- Develop communication program for updates and changes in the SDK framework
- 1:1 Coaching with partners
- Regular meetings to guide, evaluate and measure the quality of the partner (based on customer feedback, service contract and governance structure)
- Organize workshop (twice a year) with all partners and customers to get feedback on quality and customer satisfaction
- Foster a “win together” approach to team culture. Celebrate wins. Be a great coach.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- 5+ years of experience in a sourcing enablement or a training role in a Software environment
- Love for coaching and teaching
- Very good knowledge of Websolution technologies: Rest API, Vaadin.
- Very good understanding of software development methodologies. (Agile, Scrum)
- Strong strategic, conceptual, and analytical thinking skills.
- High adaptability and flexibility, including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Previous experience leading technical product enablement and customer education for a Software-as-a-Service company
- Proven ability to design and develop blended learning solutions using research-based instructional design methodologies
- Ability to evaluate training programs for learning effectiveness
- Knowledge and familiarity with cutting-edge training tools and techniques
- Experience leading and mentoring learning professionals to design instructionally sound learning content
- Excellent organization, project management, time management, and communication skills
- Strong understanding of business processes and their implementation into enterprise applications
- Ability to work independently and to deliver on detail as well as strategy
- Must have excellent English communication skills
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities
- At least 5 years of experience in a technical sourcing enablement or a training role in a Software environment
- Requires advanced degree or equivalent in IT, Communication, Engineering or related field.
- Passion for customer success, empowering others, and delivering value to customers
- Excellent critical thinking skills; able to breakdown business problems and create programs that align to business goals
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work across groups and geographies
- Ability to design, develop and deliver fully executed programs and resources – this is a doing role!
- Results-oriented; able to accomplish both project and team goals
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a fast paced environment
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf