Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: At PayPal, we put people at the center of everything we do. Within the Internal Control Partner Team, our vision is a culture of risk awareness and comprehensive understanding of our operational processes through strong partnerships across the business that allow us to proactively minimize or eliminate any potential threats and help make PayPal a great and enduring company. The Business Analysis Program Manager (PM), First Line of Defense (FLOD) Internal Control Center of Excellence, is responsible for the management and execution of the program-level backlog. The Program Manager will work with stakeholders throughout the enterprise and within the COE to intake work requests, flesh out necessary detail, sequence the backlog, manage dependencies and communicate updates. The PM will lead release planning sessions with internal scrum teams and communicate the output with key stakeholders. Individual will also provide resource management and leadership to analysts and/or engineers within the BA Team. Position holds global responsibilities and will require coordination between APAC, EMEA, LATAM, and North American teams.
- Manage the program-level backlog to include; request intake and triage, elicit necessary information, sequence items and track key indicators
- Plan and facilitate release planning sessions
- Communicate backlog priorities and current release status
- Monitor, track and report various team’s status and health
- Encourage cross team collaboration to discover dependencies before issues arise
- Manage program backlog in Jira
- Ensure program impediments are understood and removed
- Lead release retrospective exercises; make adjustments based on findings
- Serve as a champion for the Business Analysis Team framework to: ensure consistency, clearly articulate processes, educate others, and enforce documentation standards. Routinely complete pulse checks with Business Units to ensure maximum engagement.
- Work with various Enterprise Services individuals (SMEs) to determine current standard practices, available capacity and dependencies
- Foster a culture with individuals that are driven, continuous learners, and focused on team unity
- Coach and empower Analysts and/or Engineers to create exceptional experiences and make the right decisions within defined operational guidelines.
- Schedule, prepare and lead 1:1 coaching and team learning sessions and stand-ups that are interactive, engaging and driven based upon developmental needs.
- Utilize Situational Leadership skills to effectively coaching style to the performance and knowledge level of each Analysts/Engineer (support learning style differences/flexibility).
- Review, communicate and coach to daily performance, quality, behavior and attendance standards at the individual and level. Utilize formal correction action procedures as required.
- Lead and engage in multiple meetings with various groups, including but not limited to Policy, Legal, Business Channels, Training, PI/PM, first line leadership etc.
- Maintain, develop, and socialize reporting/usage with first line.
- As a Team Leader you will become a significant resource to other departments in and around PayPal; it is important to support other Global Teams as well other departments that come to the FLOD-Intern Control Teams seeking guidance and support.
- As a Team Leader, you will also become a contact point for various departments throughout the PayPal org. It is important to take time to build relationships and look for opportunities to best support both groups while looking to improve processes for both internal and external customers.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to Financial Services Program Management.
- Working with Ambiguity
- Motivating Others
- Thought leadership
- Strategic planning
- Decision Quality/Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Agile Development practices
- Presentation Skills, Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
- Time Management
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Thrives in ONE TEAM environment: Inclusion, Collaboration, Innovation, Wellness
Prerequisite Knowledge and Proficiencies:
- Advanced Project Management skills.
- Agile (Scrum & Kanban) skills
- Advanced Process Improvement innovator.
- Advanced analytical, cross-referencing and deductive reasoning skills.
- Ability to problem-solve, review and analyze data, locate its source, effectively assess risk, identify root cause of issues and identify operational efficiencies. Ability to determine best course of action/make sound recommendations for correction of testing/monitoring findings.
- Self-motivated. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and work effectively under the pressure of deadlines.
- Must display a high level of professionalism, sound judgment, commitment, integrity, teamwork, and customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, leaders, and business units.
- Proficiency in Jira
- 5+ years people leadership experience
- 10+ years leading complex projects
- 3+ years of PayPal experience preferred, including front/backend and PayPal product knowledge.
- BS/BA Degree or educational equivalent.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.