- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field or relevant work experience
- 10+ years of hands-on privacy engineering experience (such as privacy by design, privacy enhancing technologies, data policy management, privacy infrastructure, privacy usability, and/or privacy threat modelling)
- 10+ years of meeting world-wide regulatory requirements for privacy and mitigating privacy risks
- 10+ years managing and building teams (including coaching and mentoring)
- 10+ years communicating complex issues and concepts verbally and in writing to a wide range of audiences, forming partnerships, and driving commitments across the enterprise to deliver privacy solutions
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Are you interested in building and leading a top-notch privacy team covering all Amazon consumer devices (including hardware and low-level functionality)? Do you want to solve new privacy problems and build solutions for emerging technologies like IoT and Smart home? If you are customer-obsessed and love privacy, we have a job for you! Amazon’s Digital Privacy team is growing and looking for a strong privacy leader. You will be tasked in setting the privacy strategic direction for Amazon consumer devices while developing and taking the team to the next level. You will be responsible for the privacy and customer trust covering devices such as Echo, Kindle, Fire Tablet, Dash, FireTV, etc.
The team’s goal is to enable business growth, drive innovation while keeping our customer’s safe. Your team will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products (leading initiatives across the entire device family). Your focus will be to help teams design their systems and customer experiences in a manner that upholds our high bar for customer trust. You will partner and work across disciplines including engineering, marketing, legal and business. Above all, you feel strongly about protecting customers.
The Privacy team’s goal is to enable business growth and drive innovation while honoring data policies and controls that help protect customer privacy. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products and services. You will help lead key initiatives across the device and services organization. You will help teams design their systems and customer experiences in a manner that upholds our high bar for customer trust. You will partner and work across disciplines including engineering, marketing, legal and business.
Note: While the majority of our Security/Privacy roles are based in the Bay Area, CA and Seattle, WA areas, by applying to this position your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Bellevue, WA; Sunnyvale, CA, Austin TX.
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Earned the respect of your peers, managers, and partners for your ability to grasp difficult technical challenges and invent practical, sustainable solutions
- A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results. When the resources are not immediately at-hand, you enjoy reaching out to a wide array of functional groups across an organization to get the information you need
- Experience managing cross functional technology, product management, QA and testing teams to deliver complex products
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and drive actions
- Developed, implemented, and enforced policies applicable to entire organizations
- Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Addressed issues related to information security
- Has been certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (e.g., holds a CIPM, CIPP/US, and/or CIPP/E)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.